We serve as a primary resource for alumni on personal and professional growth, continuing education, career development, building relationships and supporting CWRU Organization Development programs.
Steering Group Members:
|Sarah Spengler, |
|John Barnes||MOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Toni Benner||MPOD email@example.com|
|Gordon Brode||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vania Bueno||MPOD email@example.com|
|Gregory Johnson||MOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe Kane||MPOD email@example.com|
|Ganesh Kumaraswamy||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gretchen LaRusch||MPOD email@example.com|
|Sam Mathi||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pat Petty, MPOD Program Associate Director||MPOD email@example.com|
|Maria Poblete||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Todd Porter||MPOD email@example.com|
|Karla Scheibel||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michele Setzer||MPOD email@example.com|
|Argerie Vasilakes||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
Current Initiatives (2022):
We are launching more projects and initiatives this year – stay tuned for updates here…
- NEW! We are creating a searchable Alumni Directory to be housed on this site… Stay tuned!
- NEW! “OD Shop Talk” – webinars for our continued learning; usually presented or facilitated by an alum.
- Coming up on January 18, 2022 at 7pm EST United States: Strategic Thinking (presented by LifeLabs Learning)
Join Zoom Meeting
- Continuing: Alumni Virtual Happy Hours! Once a month by Zoom (dates vary but usually on a Thursday evening EST, US. Tune in with the beverage of your choice in hand and reconnect with your cohort and other alumni around the world!
- Endowment Fund for the MPOD Program: Go to CWRU Give; Designation: Other; Where would you like to direct your gift? MPOD Founders Endowment
We welcomed the new MPOD 17 students (virtually) right after their first residency in a special virtual Happy Hour. We also congratulated our new graduates (MPOD 16) our newest group of alumni!
Communities of Practice – Our virtual CoPs are currently on a break. email Sarah if you are interested in starting one!
- 3 virtual Communities of Practice continued
- Started our Virtual Alumni Happy Hours
- Engaged current MPOD students through “Life After MPOD” conversation sessions. (email Maria Poblete to find out more – see our emails just above).
- Alumni hosted additional “Life after MPOD” discussions with current students during residencies and continued to attend welcome receptions for new MPOD cohorts.
- Launched 6 Communities of Practice, engaging over 40 alumni in the process.
- Launched the Endowment Fund to support MPOD student scholarships
- Co-hosted the Homecoming Reception with the Weatherhead School of
- Management Alumni Association and awarded our first Outstanding Alum Award.
- Hosted our first “Life after MPOD” session for MPOD 14 students.
- At the MPOD 14 graduation, alumni gave out “Welcome” cards to our new alumni cohort, inviting them to engage with us.
- Alumni began presenting webinars as part of the Webinar series. Presenters alternate between alumni and faculty in the continuing education webinar series.
- Prior to the ODN conference in Atlanta GA, a group of alumni met for ideation and facilitated a community project for the Atlanta Food Bank. Alumni also facilitated a session at the conference.
- Launched the Legacy Project: MOD 6 Alum Loretta Randolph conducted a series of eight AI interviews with faculty about their work and legacy. The interviews were videotaped and excerpts are being used for student recruitment. Add link here
- Alumni supported Pat Petty in student recruitment efforts at conferences including the Association for Change Management Professionals, OD Network, American Management Association, and others.
- 15 alumni connected at the ODN Conference in Portland, OR and helped facilitate an AI conversation about possibilities for our alumni community.
- Launched the Facebook and LinkedIn groups to support alumni community connections.
- Celebrated the 40th anniversary of the program with a 1.5 day conference: Our Roots, Our Impact, Our Edge
Launched the MOD/MPOD Alumni Community and established our Mission and Vision and four pillars.