We serve as a primary resource for alumni on personal and professional growth, continuing education, career development, building relationships and supporting CWRU Organization Development programs.
Steering Group Members:
Our monthly Steering Committee meetings are now open to all alumni.
See “All Events” tab for upcoming meetings. The Zoom link is always the same: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/95943130736?pwd=VGFOL2ptYmorQ2MxblNuVEd4RElxdz09
|Sarah Spengler, |
|John Barnes||MOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Toni Benner||MPOD email@example.com|
|Vania Bueno||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gregory Johnson||MOD email@example.com|
|Richard Johnson||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe Kane||MPOD email@example.com|
|Gretchen LaRusch||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sam Mathi||MPOD email@example.com|
|Patricia Petty, MPOD Program Assoc. Director||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maria Poblete||MPOD email@example.com|
|Todd Porter||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karla Scheibel||MPOD email@example.com|
|Michele Setzer||MPOD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Argerie Vasilakes||MPOD email@example.com|
Current Initiatives (2022):
We are launching more projects and initiatives this year – stay tuned for updates here…
- NEW! We now have a searchable Alumni Directory – look for the yellow box in the lower right and complete or update your profile!
- “OD Shop Talk” webinars for our continued learning; We are transitioning this to a podcast-type recorded format; stay tuned! (Look for recordings of past OD Shop Talk sessions under “Videos” on the Resources tab). These sessions are by alumni, for alumni!
- Alumni Virtual Happy Hours! Going forward we will do these twice a year: in February to welcome new MPOD students to the program and in May/June to congratulate new grads and welcome them to the Alumni Community. Tune in with the beverage of your choice in hand and reconnect with your cohort and other alumni around the world!
- Endowment Fund for the MPOD Program: Go to CWRU Give; Designation: Other; Where would you like to direct your gift? MPOD Founders Endowment
We welcomed the new MPOD 17 students (virtually) right after their first residency in a special virtual Happy Hour. We also congratulated our new graduates (MPOD 16) our newest group of alumni!
Communities of Practice – Our virtual CoPs are currently on a break. email Sarah if you are interested in starting one!
- 3 virtual Communities of Practice continued
- Started our Virtual Alumni Happy Hours
- Engaged current MPOD students through “Life After MPOD” conversation sessions. (email Maria Poblete to find out more – see our emails just above).
- Alumni hosted additional “Life after MPOD” discussions with current students during residencies and continued to attend welcome receptions for new MPOD cohorts.
- Launched 6 Communities of Practice, engaging over 40 alumni in the process.
- Launched the Endowment Fund to support MPOD student scholarships
- Co-hosted the Homecoming Reception with the Weatherhead School of
- Management Alumni Association and awarded our first Outstanding Alum Award.
- Hosted our first “Life after MPOD” session for MPOD 14 students.
- At the MPOD 14 graduation, alumni gave out “Welcome” cards to our new alumni cohort, inviting them to engage with us.
- Alumni began presenting webinars as part of the Webinar series. Presenters alternate between alumni and faculty in the continuing education webinar series.
- Prior to the ODN conference in Atlanta GA, a group of alumni met for ideation and facilitated a community project for the Atlanta Food Bank. Alumni also facilitated a session at the conference.
- Launched the Legacy Project: MOD 6 Alum Loretta Randolph conducted a series of eight AI interviews with faculty about their work and legacy. The interviews were videotaped and excerpts are being used for student recruitment. Add link here
- Alumni supported Pat Petty in student recruitment efforts at conferences including the Association for Change Management Professionals, OD Network, American Management Association, and others.
- 15 alumni connected at the ODN Conference in Portland, OR and helped facilitate an AI conversation about possibilities for our alumni community.
- Launched the Facebook and LinkedIn groups to support alumni community connections.
- Celebrated the 40th anniversary of the program with a 1.5 day conference: Our Roots, Our Impact, Our Edge
Launched the MOD/MPOD Alumni Community and established our Mission and Vision and four pillars.