William A. Hazel, Inc., a total site development contractor for over 50 years, is looking for a Training and Development Specialist for its 550+ employees. The individual in this position will be responsible for assessing, developing, coordinating, and conducting all training necessary to enhance the abilities and knowledge of employees on all levels. Training will include, but is not limited to, new hire orientation, employee engagement, safety, leadership development, mentorship and employment compliance. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in Training and Development and be able to design and implement a training program.
- Assess training needs through interviews with executives, supervisors, and employees.
- Design, create, and deliver training classes and materials to a diverse audience, using a variety of techniques.
- Provide leadership development training for all new and existing foremen.
- Select and assign instructors or vendors to conduct training, when necessary.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as scheduling classes, updating employee training records, and managing skill certifications.
- Design and conduct new hire orientation.
- Establish mentorship program for new hires.
- Develop and administer a program to enhance employees’ satisfaction with their jobs and working conditions.
- Offer specific training programs to help employees maintain or improve job skills.
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs.
- Assist in recruiting new hires.
- Provide training in various environments, including jobsites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Education or related field, with two to five years’ experience in training and development.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Should be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Experience in the construction industry would be helpful.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Job ID: 56194370
CHANTILLY, Virginia, United States
- Position Title: Training & Development Specialist
- Company Name: William A. Hazel, Inc.
- Industry: Construction
- Job Function: Training/Development
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Associates Degree
- Min Experience: 1-2 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%