Responsible for leadership program development and communications of leadership and management development programs. Responsible to manage the design, implementation, enhancement, and evaluation of programs, working closely with the program sponsors. Serves as a primary point of contact for internal and vendor related initiatives and issues, engaging business leader participation in program development and facilitation.
- Designs, implements, manages and continuously improves primary development programs. Programs to be managed include high potential and executive leadership programs. Responsible for vendor management.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to evolve, develop and drive the talent development philosophy, strategy and programs to build organizational capacity.
- Acts as a Talent Partner to Field HR with needs assessment, program development and facilitation, performance management and other talent development needs and activities
- Works collaboratively with program sponsors to identify, develop, and manage strategic leadership development programs, tools, and processes to build leadership capability in alignment with business objectives.
- Consults with HR Business Partners and key business stakeholders to continually build relationships. Works closely with senior management team to identify and anticipate learning needs of leaders. Ensures integration of core programs, curriculum and concepts.
- Partner with program sponsors to engage and influence leaders and key stakeholders to actively participate in program development and facilitation.
- Designs, promotes, and implements ongoing development activities to reinforce and support the program objectives.
- Designs and incorporates effective communication and feedback methods for leadership development curricula.
- Assesses and measures training and development programs to ensure relevancy to the needs of the changing business landscape.
- Support other talent management initiatives of the Learning & Development team, such as: performance management, talent reviews and succession planning.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Program and project management skills, with strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge of training and organizational development techniques
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, editing, presenting, and facilitation
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong initiative and drive
- Experience and knowledge of L&D functional tools, software applications, and MS Office
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years of directly related experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory or management role
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Middle Management and Senior Management level
- Job ID: 55571140
Santa Ana, California, United States
- Position Title: Talent Development Manager
- Company Name: First American
- Industry: Finance
- Job Function: Talent Development Manager
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate