This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
Senior Training Specialist
In this position, you will use exceptional program design skills and experience to build an innovative PGE employee development program. This will involve collaboration with key stakeholders (learning partners, Human Resources business partners, subject matter experts, and leadership) to assess the intersection of organizational strategy and learner gaps.
From there, you’ll design and/or curate creative, engaging solutions that leverage best practices and adult learning theory. You’ll be a learning expert that guides the organization to the right solutions, linking learning needs with meaningful, measurable behavior change.
Additionally, having fun on the job is the norm for our team. We like to learn and grow in talent development through collaboration and achieving results together.
If you are someone with great program management experience, savvy content development/curation abilities, out-of-the-box innovative problem-solving skills, a change-friendly attitude and a passion for learning, this may be the job for you!
Learning Expert Extraordinaire
- Design complete learning journeys that extend beyond a single learning event to support culture change and drive long-lasting results.
- Identify and implement the right learning solutions to achieve innovative, engaging learning solutions leading to measurable, behavior-based outcomes.
- Use development tools (Captivate or Articulate, video and audio) to build learning solutions.
- Manage vendor relationships; design and oversee statements of work to achieve agreed upon development outcomes.
- Curate content from LinkedIn Learning to close gaps in achieving organizational strategic objectives.
Program Management Guru
- Own PGE’s employee development program; create the strategy, define processes/roles/responsibilities, establish client partnerships, manage program deliverables.
- Combine stakeholder input, organizational strategic goals and best learning practices to identify and close learner gaps that impact company results.
- Manage employee development projects. Create training plans, identify resources, design and execute on timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Create and report out on learning measurement and ROI.
- Build and execute a program continuous improvement plan.
Marketing/Communication/Change Management Expert
- Create a comprehensive marketing and communication plan that drives learner engagement and assists in building an organizational learning culture.
- Analyze cultural issues that impede the achievement of learning goals and design change management strategies to address.
- Design innovative marketing solutions that demonstrably increase learning consumption and assist in achieving program objectives.
- Establish marketing/communications/change management goals and design measures to gauge effectiveness.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please visit www.portlandgeneral.com/careers to complete an employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Strategic, innovative, analytical mindset
- Working knowledge of employee development program design and management; specifically an understanding of how to link organizational strategy to learner gaps and build effective, innovative, measurable solutions.
- Expert instructional design experience building measurable, engaging, behavior-based learning that incorporates adult learning theory and industry best practices
- Excellent self-management skills; able to work well collaboratively or independently depending on the need.
- Customer experience focus that includes skills in design thinking, client management and expert consulting skills
- Intermediate skills in Captivate or Articulate, video and audio production
- Intermediate to advanced skills in curation; LinkedIn Learning experience preferred
- External learning solutions experience involving the creation and management of vendor statements of work
- Intermediate project management, marketing/communications and change skills
- Diversity, equity and inclusion experience, knowledge of ADA compliance requirements
- Measurement/analytics experience, including demonstrating return on investment
- Mobile learning, Workday LMS and Smartsheets experience a plus.
The successful candidate will typically have a Bachelor’s in Education, Instructional Design, Communications or Multimedia and five years in a training position, or equivalent education or experience.
Please submit an example of your work, or portfolio link with your submission.
- Job ID: 60078985
Portland, Oregon, United States
- Company Name: Portland General Electric
- Position Title: Senior Training Specialist
- Industry: Energy/Utilities/Gas/Oil/Electric
- Job Function: Other
- Setting: Corporate
- Job Type: Full-Time