About Fresh is a Boston area nonprofit on a mission to strengthen communities by getting healthy food to the households that need it most. Our programs are built to be integrated into community health systems.
- Fresh Truck mobile markets bring affordable, healthy food to Boston neighborhoods
- Fresh Connect is a pre-paid debit card and analytic platform that enables health care providers to cover the cost of healthy food for patients and measure related health impacts
- Fresh Box a direct-to-doorstep contactless delivery of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other grocery staples developed as a response to the COVID crisis.
About Fresh is looking for a People + Culture Manager who will nurture our values-driven culture and support our high-performance, dedicated, and diverse team to do their best work. This person will lead organizational development initiatives to grow the About Fresh culture, manage employee experience, support learning, and development, and own the recruitment process for roles across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a people-centered leader with a proven capacity to build effective and mission-driven teams and experience developing organizational culture, growth planning, and talent management within a startup organization. This role will report to the Chief Program Officer, collaborate with the Director of Finance and Administration, and work cross-functionally with managers to engage with the team at all levels of the organization.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a trusted partner to the leadership team ensuring that their strategic vision for a values-based culture and effective people operations are operationalized across the organization
- Work with directors and managers as they build and develop their teams, supporting them through change management, performance management, compensation, engagement, and navigating and resolving employee relations issues
- Develop initiatives that foster inclusion and belonging across roles and departments
- Research and recommend learning and development programming through partnerships, technologies, and internal design
- Influence the evolution and execution of performance management, including goal setting, reviews, coaching, and effective feedback loops
- Support the implementation of our talent strategy, ensuring high-quality partnerships, collaboration, and cultivating a high performance and inclusive culture
- Support the creation of role descriptions and hiring plans in partnership with hiring managers, including developing and owning recruitment strategies for new talent
- Be hands-on and work side by side with leadership to roll out people-related programs, including employee engagement, and talent development programs
- Lead the development of the About Fresh onboarding process including mission overview, culture buy-in, program experiences and administration for new team members
- Collaborate with Director of Finance and Administration to inform, communicate, and interpret HR policies and procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an internal organizational equity plan for compensation, hiring, culture, and other key internal practices
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in HR or People Operations, in a role supporting organizational development. Experience in a nonprofit or grocery retail a huge plus.
- You’ve demonstrated success in building, deploying, and optimizing processes for scale (including auditing existing practices, rolling out new processes/tools/systems, and developing feedback loops for continuous improvement)
- You bring an operational mindset to everything you do, leveraging complex data to measure organizational performance and develop straightforward, adoptable solutions
- As a people leader, you have experience hiring, supporting, and developing a high-performing team as well as informing strategies and systems for rewards and recognition that drive employee engagement, professional development, retention, equity, and belonging
- You embrace working in a highly collaborative, consensus-driven environment that values open communication, transparency, efficiency, and disciplined execution
- As a decision-maker, you possess personal and professional integrity that is beyond reproach, an unwavering commitment to equity, and a growth mindset
- You are willing to think outside of the box to develop solutions that meet About Fresh’s unique needs and support our high-performing team as we grow
- You’ve worked in a nonprofit or other mission-focused context and have developed tools, systems, and processes to enable the delivery of the organizational mission
- The salary range for this position is $70,000-$90,000
- Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including full employer-paid health, subsidized dental and vision coverage
- 3 weeks paid vacation including paid company holidays
- 403-b retirement savings matching
- Personal learning and development funds
About Fresh is currently working remotely and will continue to do so until conditions are safe to return to our shared office space.
About Fresh practices equity, inclusion, and belonging throughout our programming, hiring practices, and organizational design to create a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and making decisions in service of our mission. About Fresh staff represent a wide range of racial, socioeconomic, gender, religious, and national identities—we value the depth this brings to carrying out our mission. About Fresh is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job ID: 57507166
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Title: People and Culture Manager
- Company Name: About Fresh
- Industry: Non-Profit / Charity
- Job Function: OD/HRD Manager
- Setting: Internal
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years
- Required Travel: None
- Salary: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 (Yearly Salary)