The Department of Parks & Recreation (DPR) is seeking a talented Organizational Development Specialist to join our team. The Specialist will plan, design, and execute programs and coaching solutions to ensure the organization is equipped to meet current and future workforce and business needs. This position will report to the Human Resources Section Manager and work with the Department’s Workforce Development Specialist to determine approaches for 600+ Employees.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advising on strategic initiatives, organizational realignment, and conflict management;
- Creating and facilitating team building exercises to improve morale and functionality;
- Conducting workforce and organizational studies and needs assessments;
- Evaluating and re-engineering existing training and development programs;
- Serving as the back-up trainer for the Workforce Development Specialist and Safety Coordinator;
- Partnering with senior management to design and implement comprehensive organizational development initiatives, programs, training materials, and action plans to improve performance;
- Developing, designing, and implementing mentorship programs;
- Engaging and collaborating with external consultants and internal stakeholders through regular meetings, involvement with customer community, and benchmarking with other organizations;
- Conveying clear, concise information in verbal, written, electronic, and other communication formats and demonstrating active listening while engaging others;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational/Performance Development, Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field; and
- Some experience developing and implementing strategic organizational development solutions/programs or large-scale change initiatives.
Substitution: Additional qualifying related experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree in a related field and experience in one or more of the following:
- Serving as a change agent, integrating change management methodology, philosophy, and tools;
- Facilitating the transformation of a workplace culture and offering solutions that can be integrated into the business
- Project management approaches, tools, and phases of project lifecycle;
- Assessing/analyzing organizational capability and developing and delivering innovative plans for change; and
- Stakeholder relationship management, coaching, educating, giving, and receiving feedback.
- Job ID: 66504434
- Workplace Type: Hybrid
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Clarendon Blvd, Virginia, United States
- Company Name For Job: Arlington County Government
- Position Title: Organizational Development Specialist
- Industry: Recreation
- Job Function: OD/HRD Manager
- Setting: Government
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: None
- Min Experience: 1-2 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%
- Salary: $60,881.00 – $121,700.00 (Yearly Salary)