Organizational Development (OD) Manager#21-58021
To be considered for the Organizational Development (OD) Manager (21-58021) position please apply online at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2168707&d=SempraSDGE&r=5000694873606#/
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Organizational Development (OD) Manager is a consultative thought partner, serving as a trusted advisor to executive leadership and working across the enterprise to design and implement programs consistent with our strategic priorities and to impact our business results. Is responsible for managing the OD staff and resources used to support organizational effectiveness, strategic objectives, and leadership development. This includes oversight of the OD initiatives, design and selection of the tools and processes, and developing OD staff to meet future needs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify key organizational needs by developing trusted relationships with leaders across the enterprise and co-create large scale initiatives to drive organizational change.
- Provide organizational development expertise and capabilities in the areas of coaching, employee engagement, team effectiveness, and culture building.
- Assists OD staff in assessing their clients needs and designing and implementing interventions to improve organizational effectiveness. Provides training, guidance and feedback to direct reports.
- Lead succession management efforts with senior leaders to provide insight and identify development opportunities.
- Interact with and build trustworthy relationships with the Executive Leadership team, senior leaders of the organization and HR colleagues.
- Design and facilitate team sessions for the purpose of leadership alignment, strategy alignment, behavior shifts. Diagnose the challenges a team may be having and provide an approach to support them.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Psychology, Economics, Communication, Education, Instructional Technology or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 12 years experience in 4 or more of the following specialty areas such as Organizational Development, Performance Consulting, Organizational Design, Group Facilitation and Team Development, Leadership Development, Re-engineering & Process Improvement, Process Mapping, Training Design, Change Management, Job Design/Redesign, Strategy Development/Implementation, and Business Unit Functional Expertise.
- Experience in several of the following areas:
- Coaching and delivering 360 assessment feedback
- Executing succession planning
- Change management initiatives
- Team effectiveness approaches
- Strategy development support
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and constant change.
- Strong, motivational and high impact facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Highly collaborative work style and open to new ideas.
- Agility in seeing the big picture while focusing on details; able to see situations contextually in order to provide recommended course of action.
- Advanced analytical skills and critical thinking.
- High degree of self and social awareness and management.
- Strong judgment and discretion.
- Strong experience in presenting ideas, approaches and processes.
- Superior organization skills.
- Adept at establishing partnerships and building trusted relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills: listening, challenging, straightforwardness, rapport, trust, warmth, compassion, humility.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong project management skills.
- Embraces and demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement and personal development as a role model for clients.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Requires strong understanding of organizational design models, methodologies and interventions.
- Requires strong conceptual understanding of organizational development models, methodologies and interventions.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, Business or Industrial Psychology.
- Certified in one or more assessment tools (i.e., Myers Briggs, DISC, The Leadership Circle).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job ID: 55974507
San Diego, California, United States
- Position Title: Organizational Development (OD) Manager
- Company Name: SDG&E
- Industry: Energy/Utilities/Gas/Oil/Electric
- Job Function: OD Manager
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: Over 10 Years