The Director, Learning & Organizational Development will direct strategic corporate-wide initiatives in the areas of talent, performance development, and learning, as well as work with teammates within all levels of the organization to establish a high-performance culture and enhance organizational capacity and effectiveness. The Director will define, develop, and implement instruments to measure organizational climate, effectiveness of programs, Return on Investment on key initiatives, and organizational bench strength.
- Manage the Learning and Development team – to include performance, development, training delivery, and all facets of the responsibility of this function. Provide guidance, support, and resources to ensure their success. Institute and uphold a support network that encourages their participation in the sharing of success, opportunities, ideas, and general information.
- Direct initiatives that promote and support teammate growth and development and organizational effectiveness.
- Lead the effort for the design, development and delivery of all training/learning programs in support of corporate initiatives, business strategies, and endeavors to provide effective talent management tools such as Performance Management, Talent Assessment, Competency Development, Mentorship, Team Development, Management and Executive Development, Succession Planning, Talent Retention, and Teammate Engagement Surveys.
- Develop learning curriculum that incorporates and reinforces high performance behaviors.
- Manage performance improvement initiatives throughout the organization including training supervisors and managers in performance management processes. Collaborate with internal customers to establish the current and future training and development needs of the organization, bringing together internal and/or external resources and tools as necessary.
- Negotiate and manage contractual agreements with external vendors.
- Introduce concepts and tools to quantify the needs, manage the design, drive the implementation, and lead the facilitation of training and development for a diverse population of teammates.
- Oversee discipline specific training initiatives, i.e., technical training, sales training, compliance training, etc., to ensure that they are in line with the Company’s overall training/development curriculum and support the overall business strategies.
- Manage reporting, metrics, evaluations, logistics and infrastructure of all training and development initiatives, and assess the effectiveness and ROI of the Company’s efforts through defined metrics and feedback.
- Champion special projects and/or cross-functional teams, as needed.
- Keep abreast of current industry trends and issues in organizational development, higher education, change management, instructional technology, and business processes. Share learning, models, and emerging practices.
- Utilize organizational survey data to identify potential development opportunities. Research and propose solutions, define change patterns and track the effectiveness of the change. Job Description
- Provide support during new center rollouts to ensure training and OD related initiatives are in compliance with business objectives.
- Develop and manage annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree a plus.
- 7-10 years of leadership experience in organizational and/or learning and development field.
- Working knowledge and experience in organizational development, higher education at the instructional and developmental level.
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of OD, project planning and implementation, complex problem solving, change management, and curriculum/program development.
- High level of initiative with the ability to thrive in a self-directed and team environment.
- Ability to identify and work through problems and conflicting issues in a clear and diplomatic manner.
- Focused ability to review and interpret data, transactions, policies and business practices.
- Working knowledge of various office automation tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others as required.
- Possess and/or must develop the management level core competencies required for this position.
- Some travel, up to 25%