Please Note: This is a temporary (18 – month) opportunity with the possibility of extension.
NAIT is proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 10 consecutive years. We are also a proud partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion and Pride at Work Canada. Learn more about NAIT’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at nait.ca/edi.
Working in Organizational Development Services (ODS) is as challenging as it is fun and rewarding. No two days are ever the same and every client consultation uncovers new and complex people problems for you to help solve. As an internal consultant on the ODS team, your scope of work includes change management, performance enhancement, employee engagement, leadership development, team dynamics, strategic planning, as well as training and development, and other initiatives. In this position you will also contribute to NAIT meeting its obligations under the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation by providing expertise in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) techniques to resolve workplace issues. Working with and influencing leaders at every level of the organization, you assume the role of change agent and cultural driver as you focus on solutions to develop the individuals, teams and strategies that make NAIT competitive. Sound like fun? It is!
For this temporary 18-month position our successful candidate will be a courageous, charismatic, curious, credible, conscientious consultant who is armed with a foundational mixture of people skills, OD tools, and conflict resolution strategies. You are a lifelong learner who boldly tries new approaches and bravely steps into the unknown of each project. You ask the right questions to build the right plan and deliver it the right way in the moment. You have stories to tell referencing your leadership experience to help guide your clients to achieve what they need to be successful. Sound like you? Please apply!
- Consult with internal clients to develop and facilitate: strategic planning, change and transition, team development, process improvement or organizational design.
- Design and facilitate workshops covering a wide range of topics to produce specified outcomes.
- Support leaders through coaching for the realization of their strategic outcomes.
- Coordinate projects and retreats.
- Receive and assess information regarding concerns and allegations of harassment, bullying and/or general workplace conflict from different sources at NAIT (ie: direct from an employee, from the supervisor, from HR); discuss with the employees involved alternative dispute resolution options to resolve the matter through open discussion, cooperation and collaboration.
- Assess, coordinate, and deliver NAIT’s professional development strategies to enhance learning and professional growth.
Skills and Knowledge
In addition to traditional organization development KSAO’s key competencies critical to this role will include:
- Making sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Holding self and other accountable to meet commitments.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people related organizational dynamics.
- Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A related undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using a variety of recognized facilitation methodologies and tools including but not limited to: Appreciative Inquiry, Change Theory, ORID Method, Social Dynamic Screen, Lencioni’s 5 Functions of a High Performing Team, The Leadership Challenge. ICA Facilitator Certification considered an asset.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Experience carrying out workplace conflict-related assessments and guiding others through resolution and restoration processes. Certificate in alternative dispute resolution is an asset.
- Korn Ferry competency modeling experience and familiarity with Talent hub considered an asset.
- Experience in a supervisory role would be a definite asset.
Remuneration: $3,182.94 – $4,217.00 bi-weekly plus a competitive benefit package.
We thank all applicants for their interest in NAIT as an employer, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html
- Job ID: 59163553
- Position Title: Organizational Development Consultant
- Company Name: Northern Alberta Institute of Technology