The consulting arm of Burns & McDonnell, 1898 and Co. So. Cal branch is seeking a full time or contract Change Management Consultant, based in Southern California, and with experience in Technology Implementations and/or asset data management implementations in a utility space. . The Change Management Consultant will play a key role in ensuring client projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The Change Management Consultant will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact client employees to increase benefit realization, value creating, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the Change Management Consultant does not have any supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in an assigned organization to succeed. The Change Management Consultant will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The Change Management Consultant may also provide direct support and coaching to frontline managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Change Management Consultant will also support Burns & McDonnell and 1898 & Co. project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implements Change Strategies within Asset Management programs, ISO 55000 series within a utility space
- Implement Change Strategies for Technology development and implementation within a utility space.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Assess the change impact
- Complete change management assessments
- Create change management strategy
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
- Support communication efforts
- Support training efforts
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts of other Consultants
- Integrate change management activities into project plans
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- For some clients it may require supporting change management at the organizational level, Enterprise Change Management.
- For multiple change initiatives, mange the change portfolio and change load.
Must be willing and able to work on-site in Rosemead, CA once COVID protocols allow.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prosci CCP certified
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science (M.B.A or MS in Org Development, Change Leadership preferred)
- Virtual through Covid restrictions.
- Potential long-term assignment with local So Cal clients, otherwise up to 50% travel requirements.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with Prosci ADKAR Model is ideal.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward-looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- 5 years’ experience in OD, OCM/ECM and Change Management Practices preferred
- Ideally, the Change Management Consultant has experience developing cross functional Level 2 processes (tasks and handoffs) for Asset Integrity Management (AIM) programs.
- Experience developing and implementing an integrated Organizational Change Strategy within AIM programs – ideally, Utilities.
- Familiarity and experience with process improvements, Lean/Six Sigma belts ideal.
- Experience with Consulting and external client interactions from Sales through Delivery.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts full life cycle.
- Change Management certification or designation. Prosci Certification.
- Job ID: 56113101
Rosemead, California, United States
- Position Title: Organizational Change Management Consultant
- Company Name: 1898 and Co
- Industry: Energy
- Job Function: Public Utilities
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Duration: 6-12 Months
- Min Education: Bachelor’s
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%
- Salary: $90.00 – $100.00 (Hourly Wage)