The Human Resources Department seeks an Organization Development Consultant to join our team. This position will primarily support the Human Services line of business along with other department assignments and provide expertise in organization development and change management initiatives to strengthen leadership effectiveness. This includes providing consulting services and leadership coaching to departmental lines of business to further department-based strategies that align with county goals, mission and core values.
This position will champion the county’s Total Rewards philosophy of benefits, pay and culture, supporting the county’s core values.
Location and hours:
The permanent working location for this position will be remote. Once the COVID-19 emergency declaration is lifted, some work may be performed on-site at client locations. Work hours will be Monday through Friday during business hours.
About the position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit-earning position. Once an employee reaches the maximum of the salary range, they may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $4,757.00 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
- Assess organizational culture and individual leadership development needs.
- Collaborate with leaders, Human Resources and Human Services staff to build short-term and long-term goals and objectives to strengthen leadership effectiveness; design project plans to reinforce strengths, address gaps, and measure progress and outcomes.
- Proactively address and respond to culture issues by bringing key stakeholders together to assess root causes, implement and/or support the implementation of appropriate interventions, including facilitation, program design, and materials/tools development to support effective communication and leadership development.
- Consult with supervisors and managers to create change management project plans to strengthen culture, team and leadership effectiveness, and employee engagement; assist in identifying actions to course correct as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources, Organization Development, and Training staff to ensure work plans inform and support each other and lead to continuous improvement of organizational and leadership performance.
- Partner with other Organization Development consultants on the employee experience, talent review, strengths, coaching and other teamwork plan items.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in organization development, business administration, industrial relations, human resources administration, public administration, psychology or a field closely related to the position and three or more years of experience providing organization development consulting services.
- Certificate in human resources from an approved college or university and five or more years of experience providing organization development consulting services.
- Two years of college including 12 semester credits in the above fields and five or more years of experience providing organization development consulting services.
- Seven or more years of experience providing organization development consulting services.
Nice to have:
- Working as an internal/external Human Resources/Organization Development consultant.
- Collaborating with all levels of leaders to identify and implement strategies to strengthen workplace culture, team effectiveness, leadership development, and employee engagement.
- Achieving equity at an organizational level.
- Applying change management approaches across multiple geographic locations with unique cultures.
- Creating and implementing complex project plans and measuring progress and outcomes.
- Supporting culturally diverse teams or individuals.
- Working with human services, government organizations, and/or experience with a union represented workforce.
- A certificate in coaching, StrengthsFinder, Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), EQ-i Certification, Change Management, or other related certifications.
- Knowledge and ability to successfully coach diversity, equity and inclusion best practices.
- Knowledge of Organization Development principles and practices, organizational behavior and team/group dynamics, change management and consulting models, drivers of employee engagement, assessment tools, leadership development, and talent management tools and processes.
- Ability to consult with leaders, assess customer needs, facilitate groups, manage multiple projects and assignments, build relationships, and work collaboratively across the department and organization.
- Ability to apply expertise in needs analysis, change management, project planning, group facilitation, employee engagement, and team effectiveness across geographically disperse locations.
- Job ID: 55571167
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Position Title: Organization Development Consultant
- Company Name: Hennepin County
- Industry: Government/Civil Service
- Job Function: Consulting
- Setting: Government
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Salary: $57,283.22 – $95,490.62 (Yearly Salary)