POSITION PURPOSE- REMOTE- (eastern or central time zone)
Serves as Organization Design and Development (ODD) Consultant in providing ODD consulting services for national initiatives, ODD system level services and/or one or more Trinity Health (typically multi-state) Service Areas. Provides professional services supporting the achievement of Trinity Health strategic priorities through consulting across organization and job design, performance management, mergers-divestitures-acquisitions (MD&A), change and transition management, colleague engagement, team development, and other complimentary organization development services impacting organization effectiveness and culture.
1. Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Serves in Organization Effectiveness (OE) ODD practice area. Provides ODD consulting services spanning national initiatives, ODD system level services and/or Trinity Health Service Areas. Executes ODD consulting service goals in collaboration and alignment with Organization Effectiveness COE (Center of Expertise) goals and supporting Trinity Health strategic priorities.
3. Provides thought leadership, expertise, and service partner and/or leader enablement across ODD services including organization and job design, performance management, MD&A, change and transition management, and complimentary organization development services. Services include and are not limited to related facilitation, analyses, advisory and/or recommendations to improve organization effectiveness through a systems approach via strategy, resources, structure, functional and operating model change, organization design (structure and process), rewards, metrics, people, and/or culture.
4. Responsible for promoting and stewarding Trinity Health’s cultural framework; designing and implementing change integration efforts to drive large scale organizational change from a people/culture perspective; and implementing Trinity Health strategies to improve colleague engagement and building organizational competency and capacity in related ODD methodologies and tools.
5. Manages and executes small to large-scale projects, programs and initiatives for system and/or one or more Trinity Health service areas.
6. Coaches, mentors and/or and directs and guides more junior consultants.
7. Applies measurement, analytics and visualization tools to inform consultations and recommendations.
8. Consults predominantly with Director level and above executive leaders and service partners. Navigates complex and matrixed organizations and relationships. Uses influence skills, tailored communication, and political savvy to establish and strengthen strategic relationships and partnerships, and accelerate and extend ODD service impact. Works across multiple business line disciplines and builds knowledge and credibility quickly with service partners and leaders.
9. Provides feedback on how to improve ODD services, operations and efficiencies across multiple ODD areas of expertise, services and consulting pillars. May serve as a consultant across service pillars, when needed, and proactively supports a collaborative and high performing ODD team through personal consulting style and behaviors.
10. Contributes to ODD practice development, and serves as expert, advisor, and thought leader in the provision of consulting services. Builds service partner and leader ODD related competencies. Keeps abreast of ODD industry best practices and trends.
11. Other duties as needed and assigned by the manager.
12. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources Management, Organization Development or related field as normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in education, human resources, organization psychology, business administration or a related area of study. Graduate degree preferred.
2. Ten (10) or more years of progressively more responsible consulting and organization development/effectiveness experience in a multi-unit business and/or health care system. Experience consulting across multiple industries, including healthcare, preferred.
3. Previous management consultant experience preferred.
4. At least 6 years of experience in organization assessment and organization design.
5. Knowledge of change management methodologies and experience developing and applying transition and sustainability plans.
6. Understanding of corporate culture, organizations as systems, matrixed relationships and dynamics and leading change.
7. Certifications and/or related professional credentials in organization design, organization development and/or change management.
8. Ability to operate in an ambiguous and highly matrix organizational structure. Ability to operate in a highly autonomous self-directed manner under frequently changing structures and requirements and work priorities.
9. Excellent oral and written communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills necessary in order to address macro level organization and strategic workforce planning, to facilitate communication between diverse groups; to effectively identify, assess and facilitate improvements and resolutions, and to present advisory, persuasive and authoritative recommendations to all levels of the organization.
10. Strong consulting and execution skills. At least 6 years of experience in planning, formulating, and executing work plans. Ability to define program or process actions to achieve department strategy, goals and performance measures.
11. Strong interpersonal, consultative, relationship building and conflict management skills in order to initiate and develop productive, collaborative partnerships with all levels of service partners and leadership across the organization. Ability to foster relationships built on sustainable trust in order to provide long-lasting, comprehensive advice and service on HR-related issues. Ability to effectively influence results, garner support, and tactfully manage complex relationships within and across the organization. Extremely high level of diplomacy and tact are required. Ability to read the subtle nuance of situation and react/plan accordingly.
12. Advanced understanding of organizational structures, business operations, and financial impact/analysis-bottom line understanding.
13. Proven ability to manage projects independently and effectively coach junior consultants by sharing expertise, developing their skills, and leveraging their contributions to accomplish project success.
14. Ability to be a front-line change agent to enable and deliver long-lasting and sustainable organizational changes while minimizing disruption to the patients, associates, and business. Seeks innovative ways to deliver higher value programs and services more efficiently and effectively.
15. Ability to continuously review programs and processes by utilizing quality and process design improvement tools and techniques to seek new, innovative ways to deliver higher value services more efficiently and effectively.
16. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
17. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Operates in a typical office environment. The area is well-lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards.
2. Communicates frequently, in person and over the phone, with people in all locations on product support issues. Hearing needed for extensive telephone and in person communication. Manual dexterity needed in order to operate a computer keyboard.
3. Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities, and be able to prioritize and balance the requirements of working with the System Office and Regional Health Ministries (RHMs).
4. Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles. Ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects simultaneously and adapt to interruptions. Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them as they change frequently.
5. Must be able to travel to the various Trinity Health sites as needed. [Up to 25% – May vary pending consultant base location and assignments]6. Must possess the ability to comply with Trinity Health policies and procedures.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
- Job ID: 57468604
Livonia, Michigan, United States
- Position Title: Organization Design Senior Consultant- REMOTE- (eastern or central time zone)
- Company Name: Trinity Health
- Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
- Job Function: Consulting
- Job Type: Full-Time