To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Manager, Learning and Talent Development ensures that the learning, development and talent management strategy aligns with overall business goals to develop talent, to support high potential employees and to oversee the provision of necessary skills training and professional development. The Manager oversees assessment, planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of both existing and new HR learning and talent development programs and initiatives. The Manager, Learning and Talent Development performs other duties as assigned.
The Manager, Learning and Talent Development
- Develops and enhances TCNJ’s talent and evolves future leaders through the provision of talent development programs
- Manages the learning and development function to match skill sets identified through training needs assessment and/or via consultation with department leaders; oversees leadership development; manages the development of new educational programs and the modification of existing programs
- Coordinates instructor led, e-learning and self-study programs with the goal of expanding impact by cultivating the participation of varied users through the provision of diverse training opportunities
- Ensures professional development and learning initiatives and solutions appeal to a range of learning styles and are flexible to the demands of TCNJ’s operations
- Delivers courses and programs to meet training needs or manages related activities via external providers
- Oversees and coordinates the onboarding program
Required Education and Experience
Master degree in a related field and a minimum of five years of experience overseeing a talent management or learning and development function; Demonstrated experience devising learning and development initiatives aligned to organizational objects and priorities; Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and evaluating learning and development programs and content; experience mentoring, coaching and developing staff; Demonstrated experience adapting programming to cultivate and maintain a high level of employee interest and engagement, with broad appeal; Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully facilitate and oversee diverse learning and professional development programs with an ability to quickly gain credibility
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions while maintaining a high degree of program delivery and program alignment with strategic objectives and organizational priorities
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; executive presence is required
- Self-directed and self- managed with the ability to lead and manage a function independently, with demonstrated ability to ensure that training programs reach the intended audiences
- Ability to provide participant feedback to key stakeholders and to make appropriate training program modifications based upon the perceived effectiveness and appropriateness of learning and development events, programs and learning ladders
TCNJ is a highly selective institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Founded in 1855, TCNJ has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. TCNJ currently is ranked as one of the 75 “Most Competitive” schools in the nation by Barron’s Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter – an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally. A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ’s seven schools – Arts & Communication; Business; Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of New York City and Philadelphia. The College’s campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty and has 39 major buildings, including the fourth-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review.
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit a letter of interest and resume (CV). Applications will be considered until a viable finalist has been found. Final offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of background and reference checks.
- Job ID: 57762340
- Location: Ewing, New Jersey, United States
- Position Title: Manager, Learning and Talent Development
- Company Name: The College of New Jersey
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Min Education: Master’s Degree