Description28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Learning Specialist Intern supports Valley Irrigation dealers, customers, and employees by delivering meaningful learning experiences. The intern develops learning materials primarily focused on Valley Irrigation products and services, general agronomic concepts, and business management best practices. The role requires a diverse skill set, and the intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in a number of areas, including online training development, instructional design, workshop facilitation, professional audio and video production, graphic design, and Learning Management System (LMS) administration.
Valmont’s internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Effectively manages complex learning projects and aligns priorities to key business initiatives
- Collaborates with industry experts to gather and develop learning content
- Designs a variety of learning experiences including e-learning, face-to-face training, videos, and other multimedia
- Reviews, tests, and implements strategic training resources
- Develops communication campaigns to promote new learning programs
- Evaluates the impact and effectiveness of learning initiatives
- Provides unrivaled customer support to end-users of the company LMS
Other Important Details about the Role:
- This position reports into the Senior Manager of Global Learning and has no direct reports
- This role does not require travel (internationally/domestically), or overnight stays
- Ability to use e-learning development software
- Ability to learn video and audio production methods, techniques, software and equipment
- Ability to learn graphic design methods, techniques, software and equipment
- Ability to execute basic administrative and reporting tasks in the Valmont LMS
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate:
- Junior or Senior pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Journalism, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, Education, Computer Science or Web Design
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Previous experience or coursework in one or more of the following areas: instructional design, graphic design, multimedia production, training facilitation, or digital marketing
- Proven project management abilities, including prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the capacity to overcome complex challenges
- Creative mindset and ability to make learning resources understandable, interactive and engaging
- Ability to dedicate between 24 – 40 hours per week for on-site projects in Valley, NE
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Prior experience using e-learning development software (Articulate 360 preferred)
- Prior experience delivering or facilitating face-to-face training
- Prior experience using creative software including Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Camtasia Studio
- Prior experience using professional video and audio equipment
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, and/or Arabic
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. The environment is fast-paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
- Job ID: 55569769
- Position Title: Learning Specialist Intern
- Company Name: Valmont Industries, Inc.
- Job Function: Accounting/Finance
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Min Education: None