In the role of Learning and Talent Development Business Partner, you will focus on designing, developing, and managing learning programs and focus on the people side of change to drive performance. As a member of the Talent Development team, you will consult with internal customers and subject matter experts to assess learning needs, evaluate organizational performance or process improvement opportunities, and implement targeted solutions.
Design and Development
• Effectively consults with internal customers to review, analyze, and evaluate business needs and processes.
• Designs courses, content, and programs across internal functions (sales, technology, estimating, project management, craft, leadership) to equip and empower our people.
• Works with team members, partners, and key stakeholders to design and develop meaningful learning experiences that meet customer needs – from conception to implementation.
• Develops performance support materials, instructor-led training (ILT), blended and e-Learning solutions for small to large audiences.
• Creates assessment tools to measure learning and performance.
• QA final courses for accuracy and work regularly with SMEs to update existing content to maintain its relevance and accuracy.
• Defines and measures training effectiveness using meaningful metrics (both qualitative and quantitative) and address user feedback to revise content as needed.
• Asks great questions that encourage growth mindset thinking and helps the team focus on the things that will have the greatest impact.
• Develops and maintains learning project plans, including schedules/timelines for on-time completion.
• Identifies risks and works with team members to identify solutions to mitigate those risks to keep projects on track.
Change Management and Communications
• Communicates, collaborates, and partners with project sponsors and teams regarding change strategies and approaches.
• Leads and implements change initiatives related to business processes and technologies.
• Develops and executes effective change communication plans to drive adoption of learning and performance initiatives.
• Defines activities to support change and transition initiatives.
• Authors compelling communications and marketing, including video, social media, toolbox talks, emails, infographics, presentations, blog and/or newsletter stories to drive learning adoption.
• Uses design skills to visualize data graphically.
• Generates innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions.
• Effectively facilitates meetings with internal customers, stakeholders and subject matter experts.
• Ensures project goals are met and executed by partnering with numerous internal resources.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication, Education, English, Instructional Design, Journalism, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of progressive experience in an instructional design, change management, learning, or training role.
• Proven analytical capability to prepare business cases and measure the effectiveness of programs and initiatives.
• Proficient in Articulate Storyline or similar online instructional design tool.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Experience with Learning Management Systems.
• Experience with Learning Project Management tools such as Synapse.
• Experience developing learning content for application in multiple languages, such as English and Spanish, is a plus but not required.
• Flexible and adaptable to meet multiple priorities, critical deadlines, and shifting needs.
• Advanced writing, storytelling, and editorial skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Solid analytical skills. Ability to use independent judgement with discretion.
• Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork orientation.
• Knowledge to create blended learning courses and experiences.
• Ability to communicate directly with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and problem solve work assignments.
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point)
• Able to work a varied schedule to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing demands.
• Able to work overtime (scheduled and/or unscheduled, nights and/or weekends) as needed or required to meet established deadlines.
• Able to work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
• Able to perform work indoors in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
• Able to demonstrate the manual dexterity to operate a personal computer effectively.
• Able to communicate orally in a clear manner.
• Able to hear oral communication either in person or on equipment such as telephone or mobile phone.
• Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop, for extended periods of time creating, composing and reviewing documents and spreadsheets.
• Able to operate office equipment, including telephone, mobile phone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner and calculator.
This position has no direct reports.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer*
- Job ID: 57762431
HOUSTON, Texas, United States
HOUSTON, Texas, United States
- Position Title: Learning and Talent Development Business Partner
- Company Name: MAREK
- Industry: Construction
- Job Function: Coach,
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%