The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Learning and Development Specialist (Organizational Effectiveness)
Job Profile Title
Training Specialist Senior
Job Description Summary
The Office of Organization Effectiveness is seeking a Learning and Development Specialist—a unique role incorporating a blend of course management, instructional technology, and learner engagement. The Learning and Development Specialist will serve as an essential facilitator for PSOMs courses, manage the training and delivery analytics of the department, oversee the facilitation of key operational processes, and will have the opportunity to coordinate special projects within the department.
The successful candidate should have strong project management skills, instructional technology expertise, and be solutions-oriented, with a customer-service mindset.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Leadership & Professional Development, this position will:
- Program Administration:
- Manage the training operations of the department,
- Create and maintain Power BI Dashboards to effectively evaluate course offerings, utilization rates, social media campaign interactions, and marketing utilization trends.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other department representatives regarding projects, networking, and organizational updates.
- Learner Engagement:
- Maintain technology account access privileges for learners ensuring the right users have access and old users are removed on a regular schedule.
- Facilitate training and capacity building activities as assigned that use a variety of methods, including small group exercises, role plays, case studies and multi-media, expert panels, and workgroups.
- Provide coaching on leadership, supervision, and conflict resolution to faculty and staff as needed.
- Support users experience with our LMS.
- Program Engagement:
- Support the Associate Director in the management and execution of several cyclical processes such as quality assurance of routine processes, preparing courses for upcoming semesters, and scheduling of program specific ofﬁce hours.
- Review relevant literature to build content expertise and to incorporate into training programs, toolkits, and materials.
- Work with the Associate Director and Learning and Development Specialist to prepare courses for launch and manage program administrative processes.
- Maintain documentation in project management systems on course updates, revisions and issues.
- Support the creation of virtual e-learning materials based on PSOMs current training products.
- Other Duties as assigned.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Major (preferred) Instructional Technology, Learning Sciences, or Adult Education.
- LMS experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Power BI, Excel, Power Point, Canva, Zoom or similar platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail and skills in communication, customer service, presentation design and delivery, and data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating groups, providing classroom instruction, and presenting to internal and external audiences required.
- Ability to build strong rapport with learners and maintaining effective relationships across working groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a service-oriented, supportive environment, as well as manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Master’s Degree preferred; Major:Leadership Development, I/O Psych, Adult Learning, or Educational Leadership.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Previous experience with live online training.
- Coaching experience.
- Writing copy.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline.
- Experience with Google Analytics
Job Location – City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$51,824.00 – $78,096.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-398a40a505c9c042a5521401b90b920e
- Job ID: 62776413
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Company Name: University of Pennsylvania
- Position Title: Learning and Development Specialist (Organizational Effectiveness)
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time