Job Title: Learning & Development Manager
Supervisor: Director of Talent
Salary Range (Starting): $55,000 – $65,000 (DOE)
About UMOM New Day Centers:
Founded in 1964, UMOM is Arizona’s largest provider of services for families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to prevent and end homelessness using innovative strategies and housing solutions that meet the unique needs of each family and individual. With an annual operating budget of 22 million dollars, UMOM provides shelter, housing, and supportive services to youth, families, and individuals experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County. UMOM serves just over 12,000 unique individuals across all our services annually, including those families receiving support at the Family Housing Hub.
The Learning & Development Manager is responsible for assessing and prioritizing staff development needs to support UMOM’s strategic and operational plans. Key to their success will be the ability to apply organization development principles of system-wide change and align constituent support as they plan, design, coordinate, and execute performance improvement interventions and strategies. The Learning & Development Manager will also play a major role in helping UMOM make the shift into becoming a learning organization.
You’ll be a great candidate for this role if you meet the essential qualifications and are energized by the opportunity to build a new function inside a progressive Talent Department. We are looking for candidates who excel at coaching team members on performance and helping them remove roadblocks to success. This person will have extensive experience with instructional design for effective adult learning. The L&D Manager will be responsible for helping plan, conduct, facilitate and administer programs and workshops that train employees to increase their skills, knowledge, and experience, and will play the primary role in supporting supervisors on how to ensure their team members internalize their learning. As the owner of all tracking, reporting, and evaluation mechanisms to monitor the progress of team members along their professional development journey, this Manager will also have the technical savvy to create and manage systems for an efficient, paperless workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Learning and Development Leadership
- Assess performance needs, gaps, and barriers to performance to meet organization, function and compliance goals.
- Design and facilitate learning activities for supervisors in small group and 1:1 coaching formats to help team members apply their knowledge to on-the-job situations.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive training curriculum/program to produce a highly effective and high-performing workforce focused on continuous improvement.
- In partnership with subject-matter experts across the organization, draft training manuals, presentations, materials, and reports as needed for all organizational development activities.
- Present organizational-level trainings and serve as certified training for identified development content.
- Create, update, and implement formal new team member onboarding materials and a consistent onboarding process for departments across the organization.
- Track and manage the status of all new and existing staff training plans, including mandatory trainings.
- Manage and maintain accurate training records for all team members.
- Conduct thorough evaluations of agency learning and development activities to determine effectiveness.
- Outline a master calendar for trainings to include monthly, quarterly, and annual trainings based on organizational needs.
- Update, organize, and streamline talent-related processes and policies to improve accessibility for all team members.
- Develop new policy/procedure documents to reflect new or updated programs in collaboration with Program Directors.
Qualification and Competency Requirements:
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required—Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in a similar field, with at least 3 years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. learning and development, training, or organizational development)
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory or equivalent related experience
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Learning Management Systems (LMS); experience with implementing a new LMS a plus
- Ability to find resources to creatively answer and solve technology questions
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one
- Valid AZ driver’s license and a driving record that falls within UMOM’s policy
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional independent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Willingness to learn and implement best practices in the field
- Knowledge of non-profit/social sector; experience working with underserved or disadvantaged populations is preferred
- Knowledge of training requirements for AZ Department of Child Safety is preferred
- Ability to develop strong relationships within a fast-paced, collaborative setting that values diverse opinions; enthusiasm for helping drive change as UMOM becomes a more data-driven organization
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines and prioritize appropriately
- Willingness to embrace and actively support UMOM’s core values
To apply for the position of Learning and Development Manager, visit: https://umom.isolvedhire.com/jobs/229981.html
To view all jobs available at UMOM New Day Centers, visit: https://umom.isolvedhire.com/jobs/
- Job ID: 55752549
Phoenix, Phoenix, United States
- Position Title: Learning and Development Manager
- Company Name: UMOM New Day Centers
- Industry: Housing/Homelessness
- Job Function: Education/Training
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Required Travel: None
- Salary: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 (Yearly Salary)