DescriptionWest Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Learning and Development Manager, Small Business Card
The Learning and Development Manager will be a part of the Learning and Development Team and aligned directly to support our internal and field facing sales teams in Small Business Card. As a people leader, you will lead a team of highly professional learning associates to design, develop, deliver and manage learning programs for Small Business Cards Client Development and Operations teams.
You will manage the design, development, coordination and/or implementation of ongoing sales training programs and curriculum. Utilize subject matter expertise to identify and proactively address upskill, reskill and identify learning gap opportunities to increase the overall effectiveness of the Small Business Card sales teams and processes.
This is a rare opportunity to bring a unique mix of people leadership, adult learning, human-centered design practices, and technical skills into a role with meaningful impact, solving challenging problems, thinking creatively, and continuously being on the top of your game in a supportive environment where we put the learner first. If this sounds like a compelling opportunity, we would love to meet you!
Our ideal candidate is:
- Obsessed with creating an exciting and engaging experience for our associates
- A storyteller who uses his/her communications strength to inspire others
- Someone who thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and able to translate big picture thinking into local execution
- A positive, solutions-oriented problem solver and cheerleader
- A caring teammate, who is a hands-on partner and collaborator to manage the details
- Include, empower and inspire the team through strong people leadership
- Collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to design and implement training strategies and programs that will proactively improve the effectiveness of the sales teams, processes and customer interactions.
- Responsible for initial training and overall launch of new hires
- Design and develop course curriculum, programs to address performance gaps. Gains feedback and approval for programs aligned to learning strategies.
- Partners with the team to determine the most effective training methodologies, mediums and timing to use for various audiences.
- Manage project timelines, content development, training delivery and facilitation within the team
- Conduct on-site facilitation and/or delivery of training programs as an educator, train-the-trainer or event facilitator. Delivers training through classroom sessions, workshops, or individual coaching and/or in conjunction with SME’s (subject matter experts) or other business resources, as needed.
- Measures and reports on the effectiveness of sales training programs. Continuously seeks feedback, ideas and suggestions to improve training effectiveness, training policies and new training initiatives.
- Ownership for training content and knowledge management
- Travel as needed (up to 10% at times) to other company locations for meeting and training purposes.
- Work collaboratively with on-site and remote team members.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience in learning and development
- At least 2 years of people leader experience
- At least 2 years of experience in supporting sales teams or at least 2 years of experience in customer facing roles at a financial institution
Preferred Qualifications :
- 2 years of experience partnering with Small or Middle Market Businesses
- 2 years of financial industry experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Job ID: 57836858
Richmond, Virginia, United States
- Position Title: Learning and Development Manager, Small Business Card
- Company Name: Capital One
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time