DescriptionThe world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Corporate Inclusive Diversity & Equity team supports business strategies that create an environment which encourages all of us to contribute our own unique talents and ideas to achieve our business goals. The work of the team helps build and sustain our brand and reputation as a company of choice for talent, consumers and the community. To accomplish this work, the Inclusive Diversity team collaborates with leaders throughout the enterprise including executives, business leaders, inclusive diversity councils, and HR Business Partners to promote effective work environments that drive high performance cultures enabling higher productivity, higher morale, more creativity, risk taking and a better work environment. Our policies, procedures, programs and interventions are designed to promote inclusion, dignity and respect, and leverage differences to maximize innovation. The team also partners with key external associates to advance the Allstate brand and build Allstate’s reputation in the community, affirming Allstate as a company of choice for talent and markets.
Allstate is seeking a HR Inclusive Diversity Senior Manager to enable the implementation of the organization’s multi-year strategic ID&E efforts by applying project management methodology and expertise across a variety of key initiatives, workstreams and teams with accountability for advancing internal IDE transformation efforts.
and to ensure that the goal of diversity is considered in corporate policy making. The HR Inclusive Diversity Senior Manager is also responsible for identifying, developing and managing key external partnerships that advance the Allstate diversity brand and reputation. The HR Inclusive Diversity Senior Manager will also have input in planning budget strategy and influencing teams including other leaders.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams including People Analytics, The Allstate Foundation, Talent Acquisition, Corporate Relations, Law and Regulations, etc. and act as internal consultant to all levels of management, in order to resolve complex inclusive diversity issues.
- Collaborate with functional leaders, initiative/workstream leadership, cross-functional teams, and external vendors to drive development and delivery of talent, culture, and ways of working-related efforts to cultivate awareness, engagement and action in building a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment
- Manage day-to day interaction with IDE team to ensure projects stay the course and manage the team project portfolio
- Independently manage projects, timelines and team resources; operationally support the IDE team according to align with the vision of the IDE Strategy
- Provide support using methodologies appropriate for the objective, including Agile, Change Management, Solution Development, Implementation and Sustainment, and Continuous Improvement
- Adapt to a regularly evolving, fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Act as an inclusive diversity & equity champion providing insight into IDE practices
- Assist in developing policies and programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce for the organization.
- Introduce inclusive diversity initiatives based on Allstate’s unique needs.
- Build relationships with client groups to institutionalize diversity philosophies and provide on-going consultation.
- Actively work with business partners, client services, and Areas of Responsibilities (AORs) to ensure that inclusive diversity practices are understood and supported. Actively participate in the delivery of core diversity initiatives. Also work with client to gain in depth knowledge of client business objectives and or goals.
- Support the development of metrics/measurements of success for diversity initiatives.
- Sustain current knowledge on diversity programs and developments through benchmarking and maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional associations and educational groups).
- Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives.
- Serve as a contact for inclusive diversity initiatives.
- Assist in training, or arranging for training/educating employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate and appreciate individual differences.
- Monitor department expense plans.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of related experience
- Advanced Project management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law and statutes
- Experience working with employees of all levels and management
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Sensitivity to the diverse needs of all individuals
- Understanding of human resources principles and practices
- Understanding of cross-cultural, international, and diversity communication theories
- Presentation skills with subject matter expertise and experience to provide counsel and recommendations to managers and HR in the area of inclusive diversity program initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, diversity, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate inclusive diversity as a business imperative by linking inclusive diversity to business outcomes
- Professional with strong organizational, communication, technical skills, and superior ethical standards
- Advanced consultation, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize, and create alignment and buy in from clients and direct reports
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to complex problem resolution
The hiring salary range for this role is $120,000 – $160,000, plus an incentive bonus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here“. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here“. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
- Job ID: 57836927
Northbrook, Illinois, United States
- Position Title: Inclusive Diversity Senior Manager
- Company Name: Allstate
- Job Function: Other