McKinney, TX – Human Resources Director
McKinney, Texas (population 202,690) seeks innovative and collaborative leaders excited to join a team committed to the goals and values of a high performing organization while serving as an integral part of one of the fastest growing communities in the country. McKinney, Texas has experienced explosive growth with its population more than doubling every ten years since 1990. Located 32 miles north of Dallas in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, McKinney still has open land to its northwest and the City’s population is expected to climb to 350,000 when it is built out. Throughout this well-planned growth, the City has preserved its high quality of life by investing in its parks, open space, and other amenities. The City’s historic downtown remains its crown jewel and is home to numerous community events and a thriving restaurant environment.
The City seeks candidates for Human Resources Director who are visionary and strategic and dedicated to fostering a positive and collaborative work culture. City of McKinney employees work hard and at a fast pace, however they also support and look after one another. The City’s workforce is guided by four employee inspired values – Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- The City of McKinney is a full-service city and a large, complex organization with 1,500 FTEs and a $650 million budget. The City’s fiscal policies have resulted in a AAA bond rating from S&P. The City operates under the council-manager form of government with home rule status.
- The City’s job descriptions for all employees include the general expectations that in order to continue to achieve the primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, the following are expectations for all employees: Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected; Contribute to a positive work culture; Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team; Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization; Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities; Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage all employee to do the same.
- The Human Resources Director is part of the City’s Executive Leadership Team, reporting to the Assistant City Manager and leads a team of eighteen (18) professionals that provides the full range of services for employees. Organizational Development is a separate department within the city and the Director of Human Resources will be expected to collaborate closely with the Director of Organizational Development to support the High-Performance mission of the City and the professional growth and development of its employees. The Human Resources Department is in the process of implementing a new ERP system (Oracle) and like many organizations faced with the challenges of recruiting and supporting talent in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in human resources, or related field, a master’s degree desired. In addition, at least seven years’ experience in human resources with at least three (3) of those years in a management capacity. Municipal or public sector experience is a plus. Candidates will be expected to be approachable and supportive and able to effectively coach, mentor and motivate employees as well as demonstrate collaboration across all levels of the organization. Candidates will need a thorough understanding of all facets of human resources and demonstrated track record of implementing best practices and innovative solutions.
Starting salary range is $125,025- $181,286 DOQ. Excellent benefits package. Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by November 25, 2022, online to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHRUSA, LLC, 630 Dundee Road #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 224-282-8314. Interviews with the City of McKinney are anticipated for early January 2023.
The City of McKinney is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes and encourages diverse applicants.
Application Deadline: November 25, 2022
- Job ID: 66388666
- Workplace Type: On-Site
McKinney, Texas, United States
- Company Name For Job: City of McKinney, TX
- Position Title: Human Resources Director