Rider University seeks an individual for a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor in the Organizational Leadership and Higher Education Assessment, Analytics, and Change Management Programs in the Department of Graduate Education, Leadership, and Counseling to begin on September 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for 12 teaching hours (four class sections) per academic year. In addition to teaching, the candidate will lead program development and implementation as Program Director and will advise graduate students in the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program and in the Master of Science in Higher Education Assessment, Analytics, and Change Management program. The candidate will serve on Department, College, and University committees and will be expected to carry out a research agenda and disseminate results in scholarly publications and at professional conferences.
Support of the College of Education Mission of “fostering knowledgeable, committed, and reflective professionals” is expected. The Department values diversity among its faculty and is committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community. Rider University’s Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership offers four areas of concentration including Counseling-Related Services, Developing People and Organizations, Higher Education Leadership, and/or Life and Career Coaching and utilizes an applied research approach for the capstone experience. The program prides itself as being flexible and responsive for students in a wide range of organizations and locations as well as through remote, hybrid and in-person learning.
All applicants must apply for position no. 313355 online at https://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/6872, complete an application and upload the following: letter of interest; curriculum vitae; a statement of teaching philosophy and goals; a detailed statement of research interests, plans, goals, and needs; statement on diversity, which should include a discussion of the applicant’s commitment to diversity and evidence of experience teaching and working with a diverse student population; and undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Three letters of recommendation also are required. Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Contact faculty search chair: Bonnie Lehet, EdD, Assistant Professor, (609-895-7750; email@example.com) Educational Leadership, Department of Graduate Education, Leadership, and Counseling, Rider University.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
- Candidates will have an earned doctoral degree in a related area such as public administration, higher education, communication, organizational dynamics and/or leadership.
- We are seeking a candidate with expertise in online learning, experience with higher education programs and the ability to lead and advise students from diverse leadership backgrounds.
- We are seeking a candidate who is committed to infusing multicultural issues across the curriculum and has demonstrated the ability to apply dispositions such as flexibility and responsiveness with students at the higher education level.
- Applicants should be experienced with, and committed to, working with the diverse population within our program. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
- Candidates with previous experience or expertise in teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses,
- Candidates with training, experience, and/or a background in organizational leadership, higher education, or a related area,
- Candidates with research agendas focusing on areas of social justice in leadership, higher education, and/or organizations, and
- Candidates with experience as a Program Director or with similar administrative background.
- Job ID: 55807035
Lawrenceville, New Jersey, United States
- Position Title: Faculty – Organizational Leadership and Higher Education Assessment, Analytics, and Change Management
- Company Name: Rider University
- Industry: Other
- Job Function: Assistant Professor
- Job Type: Full-Time