Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and ’40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
What We Do
Enterprise Change Resiliency Office Overview (ECRO)
The ECRO for BNY Mellon, a first-line enterprise-wide office, which leads the Firm’s change management and resiliency functions.
Enterprise Change Office Overview (ECO)
In order to strengthen an Enterprise-wide approach to Program Delivery and establish a scalable resilient operating model that builds delivery capabilities across Technology, Operations, the lines of business and support functions, BNY Mellon has evolved how we deliver programs of change across the bank. As part of this strategy, a new ECO has been created to provide central oversight, governance, and strategic execution. The ECO establishes policy and performs a governance function with select enterprise program delivery accountability founded on a federated model that partners with the program delivery teams from Technology, Operations, the lines of business and other functional areas across the organization.
Enterprise Resiliency Office Overview (ERO)
BNY Mellon’s ERO aligns, centralizes and integrates our resiliency disciplines and capabilities to deliver timely and effective incident identification, impact assessment, escalation, communication and resolution; provide clients with superior service; and deliver resilient, world-class products and services. We leverage best practices, lessons learned from our enterprise-wide operational activities and feedback from our partners to continuously improve our resiliency posture.
Executive Manager, Program Management Role Overview
This role will provide Senior Leadership over multiple strategic Enterprise Change and Resiliency Programs within Technology areas such as Business Continuity, Incident & Crisis Management, Intelligence & Automation and Disaster Recovery.
- Manages multiple groups of project managers who are the primary contact for clients and groups within the organization for large scale projects.
- Is responsible for the direction and control of IT Project Management within the firm. The team is responsible for end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation.
- Acts as the primary interface between technology infrastructure and a specific business/functional area. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations.
- Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy.
- Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Acts as a subject matter expert and provides guidance on highly complex technical issues.
- Proactively manages project management activities in a specific business/functional area.
- Responsible for the development of the strategic direction of the relevant IT or business area. Assists with resolution of the most complex issues on major projects.
- Leads recruitment strategy and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions. Motivates lower-level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth.
- Identifies business unit requirements, creates project and process specifications, coordinates with project teams and ensures that high impact projects are on schedule and to budget.
- Manages Project/Program Management function through group managers.
- Contributes to the achievement of Project/Program Management objectives.
- Advanced degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Twelve or more (12+) years of related project management experience is required.
- Experience with technology and/or the financial services industry is a plus.
- Must have extensive management experience.
- Prior experience managing projects of ten or more (10+) team members is required.
- Job ID: 59604850
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Company Name: BNY Mellon
- Position Title: Executive Manager, Program Management – Technology Enterprise Change and Resiliency Office
- Job Function: Other