At our Company, we use the power of leading-edge science to save and improve lives around the world – that is our purpose. The Executive Director, Culture, Engagement and Change Management Communications is responsible for creating strategies that effectively reach and inspire all levels of the enterprise to lean into our purpose. This leader will report to the Associate Vice President, Global Employee and Leadership Communications.
This leader will also advise on and implement change management strategies to drive faster adoption of enterprise priorities. This leader will monitor changes to business processes and systems, identify the impact on employees, and get them ready for change.
Scope of work and core responsibilities includes:
- Develop a highly integrated culture and engagement strategy and calendar across the enterprise, along with key partners in HR, Strategy and the regions
- Manage the development and execution of high-quality communications materials, such as internal web content, briefings, presentations, speeches and other significant enterprise-wide messages on behalf of our Executive Team
- Measure success for culture and engagement initiatives, and recommend steps for improvement
- Work collaboratively with the Global Employee and Leadership Communications team and across Corporate Affairs
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10 or more years of communications experience OR a minimum of a high school diploma with at least 14 years of equivalent experience which could include: communications, media, and/or military.
- Minimum 10-15 years of communication experience with a focus in employee engagement, change management, culture initiatives, corporate and executive communications (including speech writing)
- Minimum 5-8 years in a supervisory role
- Proven experience confidently interacting with and counseling corporate executives and key internal partners
- Significant experience launching enterprise-wide employee campaigns
- Deep understanding of change management principles, techniques and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of an organization
- Strong writing, editing and communications skills across multiple media, including speeches, email, video scripts, editorial and social content
- Creative thinker and passionate about building culture
- Strong project management skills with proven success managing major initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Organized with attention to detail
- Exceptional business acumen with agility in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive with ability to “see” around corners and anticipate needs of our executives
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in public relations, external engagement and corporate reputation a plus
- Experience in healthcare industry, including large Fortune 500 companies, preferred
- Experience at a PR agency or equivalent welcome
Who we are … We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for … Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS: In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions. If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements: Hybrid
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1
- Job ID: 64729583
Rahway, New Jersey, United States
- Company Name For Job: Merck
- Position Title: Executive Director, Culture, Engagement and Change Management Communications
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time