Employee Development Advisor (#21-57384)
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
To be considered for the Employee Development Advisor (#21-57384) please apply online via the SDG&E Careers website at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=2168707&d=SempraSDGE&prc=RMPOD4&r=5000679652706
Provide training, development, consultation, and facilitation for individuals and groups within the company with a focus on soft skills, personal effectiveness, supervisory skills, change management, analytical thinking and career management needs. Match the right learning solution to the right situation, including the use of Webinars and e-Solutions. Work with clients and other sections of Human Resources to address training-related issues of concern involving performance and business unit goals and objectives. Key player in the development and deployment of strategies of specific program offerings, including in-house designed programs and courses/programs provided in partnership with vendors. Participate in planning for future needs of employees at the utilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide virtual and face to face training in one-on-one, small and large group environments. Conduct learning experiences and utilize a variety of teaching techniques including role playing, experiential learning, learning through creativity and creating a positive learning experience.
- Lead training design projects, including web-based, leadership/soft skills development, and technical projects through partnership with stakeholders and external vendors. Understand organizational learning needs to translate those into well-designed programs. Assess training needs and develop training plan and curriculum.
- Responsible for project management of assigned programs, including vendor management, linking solutions to strategic direction of company, researching best practices and identifying cutting-edge learning opportunities, designing evaluation systems, analyzing feedback and reporting relevant metrics.
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new measures, approaches, techniques; make support readily available; integrate support with routine job functions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations, in order to bring those new skills and solutions to SDG&E.
- Participates in or leads progressively more complex training design projects, including web-based, leadership/soft skills development, and technical projects.
- Manage vendor relations and external leadership offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, Communications, Instructional Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Instructor, facilitator or trainer.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in designing and facilitating learning curriculum for both on-site instructor and online/distance learning solutions.
- Requires excellent project management, conceptual, collaboration, and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively execute program management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, take initiative, challenge the status quo, and deliver exceptional, consistent results.
- Requires excellent presentation and facilitation skills both in-person and through e-solutions.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
- Requires project management skills to support various HR and organization initiatives.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools and methods for evaluating training needs and effectiveness.
- Requires strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Ability to use computer and on-line resources to support training and development.
- Requires ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams.
- Requires travel within service territory.
- Master’s Degree.
Note: This position may be filled at a higher level based upon experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. This position may work remote for a temporary period. Candidates must have the ability to report to our San Diego office when/if necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job ID: 55596847
San Diego, California, United States
- Position Title: Employee Development Advisor
- Company Name: SDG&E