We are a team of 85 talented and driven people working passionately and collaboratively to develop a robust pipeline of innovative antibody-based therapies for patients with unmet needs. Our proprietary technology platform powered by our state-of-the-art laboratory enables the design and engineering of precision antibody-based product candidates that specifically bind to, and modulate, key disease targets for the treatment of patients with kidney diseases and other hard-to-treat diseases. Visterra is a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. of Japan. As a member of the Otsuka family of companies, we have the advantage of being a dynamic, nimble, innovative organization where you can make direct, meaningful impacts while benefitting from the support, stability, and long-term perspective of a 100-year-old global company.
As our Director of Talent Acquisition and New Employee Experience, you will be a critical member of our HR team and will serve an important, high-profile role in leading our talent acquisition and onboarding efforts. You will design, build, and improve upon recruiting strategies and on boarding processes and programs, and partner closely with our leadership and hiring managers across the organization, to source, attract and hire top talent and ensure exceptional candidate and new employee experience. You will also have opportunities to support other key HR activities, such as employer branding, employee engagement and mission, vision, values. You will report to our Senior Director, Human Resources. This is a full-time role located in our Waltham, MA office, with opportunity to work remotely approximately one day per week.
- Lead our talent acquisition and onboarding efforts.
- Drive creation and improvement of recruiting strategies, processes, and systems to enable us to identify and attract top talent.
- Develop and manage programs to create an exceptional candidate and new employee experience.
- Effectively enable and manage outside recruitment and staffing agencies and other talent vendors and resources.
- Creatively leverage alternative recruiting methods and approaches to effectively target active and passive candidates.
- Participate in the design and implementation of our employer brand.
- Develop strong working relationships with leadership, hiring managers and employees across the organization to understand talent needs and help fully capture and convey our employee value proposition.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders to calibrate the successes and opportunities related to recruiting strategy, diversity recruiting and sourcing strategies.
- Leverage market data and best practices to inform and improve our talent acquisition strategy and efforts.
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work closely with Finance to help manage headcount and recruiting budgets.
- Support other HR initiatives and activities, such as employee engagement; mission, vision, values; organization design and talent development.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with SHRM or similar certification preferred.
- 10+ years of biotech HR experience.
- Direct experience performing talent acquisition and onboarding, specifically sourcing, and recruiting R&D scientists and researchers.
- Direct experience building and implementing recruitment and onboarding processes and infrastructure.
- Experience with diversity, equity and inclusion, employee engagement, compensation and benefits and other key HR practice areas.
- Excellent communication (written and oral, including presentation) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and manage up and across.
- Ability to manage projects and daily functions with discretion, self-motivation, and minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience using HR systems including Workday, applicant tracking and onboarding, and other HR system knowledge a plus.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- Occasional travel for recruiting efforts, conferences, and other events (less than 20% travel).
We provide comprehensive benefits and resources to support your work, life, and balance.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a 10% dollar-for-dollar match.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, with Visterra contributing 80% to the monthly premium.
- A rich mental & behavioral wellness program.
- Short- and long-term disability programs.
- Group and voluntary life insurance.
- Pre-tax flexible spending and commuter accounts.
- 17 days of personal time, discretionary sick time, and 11 holidays per calendar year. Personal time accrual grows to 22 days after 3 years, with an additional one-time grants of 5 days every 5 years.
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave for birth or adoption.
- A broad fitness reimbursement program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A variety of employee discounts.
Visterra provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Job ID: 61876486
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
- Company Name: Visterra, Inc.
- Position Title: Director, Talent Acquisition and New Employee Experience
- Job Function: Human Resources,
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 7-10 Years
- Required Travel: 10-25%