Who are we?
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body’s ability to regulate cellular growth and repair.
Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, Acceleron and its global collaboration partner, Bristol Myers Squibb, are co-promoting REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt), the first and only approved erythroid maturation agent, in the United States for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. The Companies are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, having recently reported positive topline results of the Phase 2 PULSAR trial.
What’s in it for you?
Acceleron seeks an experienced and creative Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join our collaborative, dynamic, and highly productive team. The role offers a blend of strategic initiatives, talent development and foundational HR activities. The individual will provide HR Business Partner support to our R&D organization (Research, Nonclinical Development, Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Pharmacovigilance, and Medical Affairs). The role is critical to our success in this growing, fast-paced, global organization and requires exceptional strategic thinking, change management and process design capabilities. A successful HRBP at Acceleron is skilled at: building relationships, effectively influencing decision-making, coaching and developing leaders, talent development, succession planning, work force planning, organization development and design, performance management, employee engagement, employee relations and developing teams. She/he will serve as a consultant to management on HR-related issues and acts as an employee champion and change agent. In addition, the individual will collaborate with the HR team to develop innovative HR initiatives to optimize organizational effectiveness.
What will you be doing?
- Provide counsel to the leadership in the areas of organizational development and effectiveness, employee relations and talent management
- Understand Corporate goals and key business drivers to define, build and implement HR strategies and solutions
- Collaborate with leaders to promote an exceptional culture that engages and inspires employees
- Act as an internal consultant to managers and employees by establishing trust and credibility as a valuable sounding board, providing coaching and advice on a range of organizational issues
- Work together as part of a talent team that designs, develops and delivers high impact, company-wide solutions including: learning and development, performance management, career development and employee engagement
- Manage complex employee relations issues ensuring compliance with State and Federal laws and company policies; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Support managers through performance management through coaching, education and training
- Provide guidance and input on client organizational design, workforce and succession planning
- Partner with talent acquisition process supporting open positions in client groups
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate degree in Business or related field preferred10-15 years of progressive HR experience, including experience designing and implementing HR initiatives in the areas of talent management, analytics and engagement
- Possess a strong business acumen with proven ability to align business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business forward in a growing and changing environment
- Demonstrates excellent reasoning, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, effective project management skills and organizational and communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation)
- Strong interpersonal awareness and the ability to effectively build and sustain strong client partnerships with trust and credibility
- Self-motivated, resourceful and detail orientated individual with proven ability to interface effectively with all levels within the organization
- Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry experience highly desirable
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters – please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
- Job ID: 57762691
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Title: Director/Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner, R&D
- Company Name: Acceleron Pharma
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite