Marts & Lundy is a strategic consulting firm committed to the advancement of mission-driven organizations and a recognized leader in helping institutions of all sizes build a “culture of philanthropy.” We serve clients across the globe bringing international perspectives on fundraising strategy with an acute understanding of the distinct community that is home to each. Marts & Lundy is an employee-owned firm.
We believe in philanthropy’s power to transform and enhance not only the institutions with which we work but, more importantly, the world in which we live.
We are seeking a human resources and people professional to support Marts & Lundy’s organizational growth and ensure its status as a best-in-class workplace. This person will be responsible for strengthening internal talent development practices and building an internal culture that recognizes the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Director of People & Culture will serve on the leadership team, report to the Chief Executive Officer, and be a key strategic advisor for senior leadership. The goal is to create an organization that attracts the best people, ensures that they are highly engaged in the mission, work and culture of the organization, develops them in their careers and abilities, and maximizes their contributions.
- Vision and Strategy: Work with our Leadership Team and all Firm members, to collaboratively build upon and execute the long-term vision for all Human Resource initiatives, helping us scale and achieve our overall business goals; drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help further build a high-performing, collaborative, and impactful team/business.
- Values and Culture: Help maintain our core values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our culture and core beliefs. Focus on further developing a diverse, and inclusive culture by collaborating with others to drive DEI initiatives that increase diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives. To also be a resource to all firm members to develop the skills and behaviors that promote a diverse and inclusive culture and work environment.
- Employee Relations: Ensures that our policies, processes and programs are consistent with the Firm’s mission and core values and fosters a high level of psychological safety, trust and engagement. Provide guidance and coaching related to a broad range of employee relations matters to leaders, HR Business Partners and firm members. Manage the employee relation function to provide oversight and guidance on a full range of employee relations matters including investigations, grievances, disciplinary issues, and corrective action.
- Performance Management and Compensation: Refine and execute firm-wide performance management program to drive continuous and transparent feedback across all teams. Lead annual review of plan and make recommendations for changes as warranted.
- Learning and Development: Manage and drive the continued development of the Marts&Lundy Academy, the Firm’s on-boarding, learning and organizational development program to grow our team’s capabilities and drive firm member retention.
- Capability and Workforce Planning: Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives; prepare workforce plans and forecasts that support overall business and growth goals.
- Talent Acquisition & Retention: Partner with hiring managers and leadership to recruit and retain top talent for the firm that aligns with workforce plans and objectives; refine and implement recruitment and onboarding processes to ensure an outstanding candidate experience. Responsible for attracting and hiring top talent with a focus on diversity and inclusion as a competitive business advantage. Also developing relationships and building communities with an effort to drive engagement and support talent and leadership development initiatives.
- Communication: Foster a range of impactful firmwide communication initiatives, including leading developing objectives for the Marts & Lundy internal gatherings.
- Experience developing People and Culture initiatives in a hands-on, highly collaborative environment
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Professional Services/Consulting Industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong business, analytics and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of Employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of law and policies on federal, state, and local levels that impact the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to create equity in compensation.
- Ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization to achieve results
- Demonstrated success in leading, inspiring, coaching, and building world-class teams
- 7-10 years of progressive Human Resource experience, including a minimum of 5+ years’ experience supporting a Leadership Team in organizational and culture development as well as change management initiatives
- Global HR experience desirable
- Bachelors’ Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree and/or HR Certifications beneficial
- Position may require significant travel
- Job ID: 59150027
Remote, United States
- Position Title: Director of People & Culture
- Company Name: Marts&Lundy
- Industry: Consulting
- Job Function: Organizational Development
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 7-10 Years
- Required Travel: 10-25%