The Director, Organizational Effectiveness consults with business units on the leader and Associate performance needs of their organization. Identifies, plans, administers and evaluates training and development initiatives that are driven by the strategic performance needs of the organization and in accordance with IACET standards, requirements and regulations. The incumbent assists the Senior Director in developing comprehensive plans to optimize human resource talent throughout the organization. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Education/Training & Experience:
|Education/Formal Training||Work Experience||Credential/Licensure|
|REQUIRED:||Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Education, Organizational Development, Instructional Design or related field.||Three (3) years of management experience in corporate leadership training, performance management, and executive consulting and/or employee development.||N/A|
|PREFERRED:||Master’s Degree in Management, Education, Organizational Development, Instructional Design or related field.||N/A||N/A|
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials, such as business plans, and ability to communicate verbally with all levels of Associates, management, and physicians.
- Proficient in systems software applications, preferably Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups of people toward the accomplishment of work and organizational goals.
- Skill in negotiating with and between individuals and groups of people, including Associates, management, and physicians.
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and projects and to maintain control of own workflow.
- Skill in developing and implementing short term and long-range plans.
- Ability to work without close supervision or professional guidance and to exercise independent judgement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Consults with senior leaders, directors, managers and individual Associates on the current and emerging performance and development needs within their area of responsibility.
- Implements training and development initiatives that are driven by strategic performance needs of the organization. This includes needs assessment, curriculum and course design, program and course development, piloting and delivery scheduling and evaluation.
- Analyzes Associate feedback and performance data, to measure, identify and eliminate performance gaps.
- Identifies, coordinates and ensures effective use of external consultants for the design, delivery and evaluation of development programs and special projects.
- Manages the development and implementation of the company-wide Leader Development programs and processes which includes best practices, program certification, skill training, online learning, metrics and documentation.
- Consults with Senior Director of OE and key stakeholders in the development, planning, and execution of culture-shaping strategy that aligns the workforce with strategic goals of the organization.
- Develops partnerships and affiliations with various providers and organizations to optimize and promote family and patient-centered care. Serves as key partner in building the patient and family centered care environment and experience.
- Provides consultation, design and implementation of processes that build Associate engagement at the system, facility and department unit level.
- Provides consultation in assessing team effectiveness and facilitating the design and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Leads corporate coaching initiatives. Involved in the training and certification of internal coaches, dissemination of policies and information. Monitors use, practices and promotion of coaching environment throughout the organization.
- Serves in other roles and capacities within the organization that support the development of the leader competencies defined by MLH as desired behaviors in all individuals in leadership positions
Supervision Provided by this Position:
- This position supervises Development Specialists and Development Assistants along with contract trainers and facilitators. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for leadership development training programs, projects, committees, and special events as assigned by the Senior Director.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work – exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.
- Job ID: 65670995
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- Company Name For Job: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- Position Title: Director of Organizational Excellence
- Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
- Job Function: Other
- Setting: Corporate
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Master’s Degree
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%