New Mexico State University (NMSU), New Mexico’s flagship land-grant and space-grant institution, and the NMSU Foundation seek a highly-collaborative, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial professional to serve as Director of Advancement Talent & Culture. The Director will join a dedicated advancement team,
contributing to the Foundation’s growth, and will play a critical role in identifying opportunities to support NMSU community impact, especially for students and faculty. The Director of University Talent & Culture is responsible for development and implementation of comprehensive talent management and culture enhancement platforms to strengthen organizational effectiveness and employee engagement. This is a key leadership role in the Advancement team, managing within a complex organizational structure that includes direct supervisor of Advancement human resources administration professionals and partnership with the university’s central Human Resources staff. This is a wonderful opportunity for an accomplished professional to help raise philanthropy at NMSU to the
next level and join a vibrant community.
For the NMSU community, private philanthropic support is vital to increased accessibility. The recently completed Ignite Aggie Discovery Campaign, the largest in the university’s history, raised over $125 million across three distinct pillars – student discovery, faculty and staff discovery, and NMSU achievement. Of the total, $39 million was dedicated for student support, and $56 million was raised for programmatic and research support. With an endowment of over $230 million, NMSU and the NMSU Foundation have a massive opportunity to raise even more for student, faculty, and community success.
Critical to the continuation and growth of NMSU’s impact, the University will rely on talented, motivated development leaders to amplify its fundraising and broader Aggie community engagement strategies. To develop and execute an ambitious growth plan, NMSU is looking to attract professionals with the unique balance of success, authenticity, and passion for the New Mexico community. Ideal candidates will be dedicated, hard-working, and curious. A personal and professional commitment to valuing the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think, is vital. Excellent organizational skills in addition to superior verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential.
Required Education & Experience
The position requires a bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of professional directly related experience to the standard duties as outlined.
New Mexico State University
New Mexico State University invites you to apply to be a part of a diverse, dynamic and welcoming learning and working environment in Las Cruces, NM. NMSU seeks employees who are creative and flexible in developing and evaluating new ideas and ways to evolve NMSU into the future. Located in the borderlands and adjacent to the mighty Rio Grande, NMSU is a proud Hispanic-serving institution in the minority-majority state of New Mexico. Southern New Mexico features an average of 294 days of sunshine annually, making NMSU ideal for job-seekers who enjoy hiking, mountain biking, canoeing and bird-watching. NMSU is committed to sustainability through improving and maintaining the quality of human life while preserving the integrity, stability, and beauty of ecological systems for the future. We are looking for student-centered employees with a passion for success. NMSU invites you to take the first step to your successful and rewarding career by applying today.
NMSU is New Mexico’s land-grant and space-grant institution, a comprehensive research institution dedicated to teaching, research, public service and outreach. In addition, the NMSU system includes a satellite learning center in Albuquerque, Cooperative Extension Service offices located in each of New
Mexico’s 33 counties, and 12 agriculture research and science centers. New Mexico State University is the institution of choice for more than 15,000 students from 49 states and 89 foreign countries.
The City of Las Cruces is the second largest city in New Mexico and is located in Doña Ana County, approximately 45 miles north of El Paso, Texas, and 225 miles south of Albuquerque. Las Cruces is the economic and geographic center of the Mesilla Valley, the agricultural region on the floodplain of the Rio Grande which extends from Hatch to the west side of El Paso, Texas. The Organ Mountains, 10 miles to the east, are dominant in the city’s landscape, along with the Doña Ana Mountains, Robledo Mountains, and Picacho Peak. Las Cruces lies within a short driving distance of the Mexican border at Santa Teresa, as well as many other locations in the broader borderland region.
Geography, climate, demographics, and ambiance of Las Cruces and NMSU combine to offer a truly excellent place to thrive. Family members will discover a warm, open community that offers an attractive array of activities and outdoor recreation, amenities, services and opportunities, whether they are looking for top-notch education, meaningful employment, or simply a safe and comfortable place to live.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Works closed with the NMSU Human Resources team, ensures the policies, programs, organizational and compensation administration delivers the best overall employment experience for Advancement staff at every level.
• Plans employee engagement activities, projects and talent initiatives to promote organizational culture.
• Provides directions and guidance on how decisions are made that advance the mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives of the Advancement organization.
• Promotes and demonstrates respect, collaboration, and friendly customer service in all working relationships.
• Serves as a business partner, coach and confidante to staff across the Advancement division; advising and assisting leaders in making decisions that balance the needs of the organization with the needs of employees.
• Partners with Advancement supervisors and managers, and NMSU HR Compensation & Classification unit to evaluate organizational structures, develop new or modified position descriptions, and provide recommendations regarding staffing.
• Provides guidance to management regarding the employment process, including ensuring compliance with all search committee processes, facilitating hiring decision discussions, promotion recommendations, and finalizing and extending salary offers, as assigned.
• Collaborates to deliver professional human resources services in the areas of recruiting, employment, compensation, employee relations retention, and organizational and human resources development.
• Collaborates as needed with University Human Resources regarding employee relations matters.
• Acts as liaison between Advancement employees and University Human Resources.
• Researches and gathers background information on a variety of topics.
• Compiles information and prepares reports, letters, memos, and job-related documentation of a confidential nature.
• Creates and runs queries and analyses HR related date.
• Stays abreast of relevant regulatory changes to maintain compliance.
• Other related duties as assigned.
In addition to the abilities to achieve the above core responsibilities, ideal candidates will possess the following qualification and attributes:
• Knowledge in applied organizational development and high-performance culture philosophy principles and practices.
• Knowledge of human resource policies, practices, precedents and laws.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Well-developed administrative skills, detail-oriented self-starter.
• Team player with the ability to work with little supervision.
• Demonstrate highly effective speaking and presentation skills with diverse experience presenting before large or small groups.
• Ability to interact with faculty, staff and students in a team environment.
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgements.
• Ability to coordinate meetings.
How to Apply
We only accept applications from our website please use the link below. The electronic application is the official document that will be used to qualify applicants. Paper/email documents will not be accepted. Required documents must be attached to this application.
- Job ID: 59344361
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
- Company Name: New Mexico State University
- Position Title: Director of Advancement Talent & Culture
- Industry: Institutionally Related Foundation
- Job Function: Advancement Management
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: Executive Level