DescriptionDirector, Global Talent Management
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Director, Global Talent Management will play a vital role in leading the talent management strategy for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences in partnership with the Vice President, Global Human Resources. The Global Director, Talent Management will be responsible for development of the Beckman Coulter Life Sciences leadership, learning and talent development programs, mentoring, organization design, and all talent and succession planning processes across the global entity. These include: performance management, Organizational and Talent Assessments (I and II), program management, and building talent pipelines for senior succession roles.
As key architect of the framework, s/he will have accountability, directly or indirectly, for the success of all initiatives at the corporate, platform and operating company levels. The Director, Global Talent Management will also oversee: high potential development programs, learning vendor management, development planning tools, competency models, related employee engagement initiatives, assessment and testing, learning technology and HR professional development, all leveraged against the Danaher Business System’s (DBS) operating model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Performance, Talent and Organization Processes and Initiatives for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences globally.
- Partner with Vice President Human Resources and organization to identify and develop talent management strategies, identify gaps, and plan processes to support business initiatives
- Drive high-potential management and development programs that align with long-range business strategies
- Develop a strategic development plan driving diverse talent development and supports business objectives
- Improve organizational effectiveness through the development and deployment of solutions to enhance leadership, improve productivity, and drive a performance culture
- Evaluate current leadership and talent management offerings and programs and develop a formal plan for immediate and long-term realization of the function. Focus on further professionalizing the full employee life cycle through talent management for the global corporation. (i.e. on-boarding>>>progression through the talent funnel>>>retention & engagement)
- Strengthen organizational capability through coaching on organization design and facilitation of organization & team effectiveness.
- Enable Movement of Talent by being a champion of succession planning andtalent movement within Beckman Coulter Life Sciences and across OpCos; prepare for and participate in Platform chessboard process and partner with Platform to drive internal search process/maximize internal fill.
Partner with platform and operating company HR leaders, along with the DBS organization (DBSO), to leverage and optimize existing capabilities, while bringing new offerings to ensure sustained growth and development of talent in critical business segments and markets. Provide well integrated global talent management capability, taking Beckman Coulter Life Sciences to a new level of talent optimization impacting the businesses in a measurable way.
- Develop People Leaders Broadly. Lead development planning within Beckman Coulter Life Science and coach on development of senior and emerging leaders. Provide business VOC to Platform for design of core talent processes and development initiatives and coordinate nomination process of development programs.
- Serve as a ” Thought Leader” driving innovative processes and solutions; “Consultant” to the team of HR leaders responsible for the successful execution of all initiatives; and a proven “Manager”, ensuring flawless execution of all plans, programs and initiatives, and taking on any other tasks as required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degrees in a relevant field required.
- Master’s degree in business, organizational behavior, HR management, or related field preferred.
- 7-15 years HR experience; experience in talent development, organization development, or succession planning preferred.
- Proven leader in leadership and talent management and development, having led end-to-end talent management across a global company with measurable results of success in: ROI of the talent function, programs and initiatives; retention of key executive talent; and development of a robust leadership pipeline that meets the growth agenda of businesses around the globe.
- Worked in an environment where employee engagement is known to be in the top quartile of Fortune Companies – or brings evidence of success in driving the numbers to new highs, because of initiatives set forth.
- Brings rigorous thinking and known for driving innovation through people.
- Has significant global leadership experience, working across cultures and geographies. Noted experience in emerging markets.
- Demonstrates success in partnering across a de-centralized company, and leading talent management in a highly accountable, results-focused company, where leaders at all levels focus on demonstrating visible commitment to core values and operating principles and practices.
- Experience and facility working in a lean / Kaizen culture with track record of utilizing this methodology as a business practice.
- Willing and able to travel as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership – Capable of creating and achieving a desired future state (vision) through influence on company values, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems.
- Impact – Commanding attention and respect, showing an air of confidence without creating an air of superiority. Must have “executive presence” and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Working effectively with both direct and indirect (those outside the formal line of authority) organizations to accomplish company goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the team’s decisions; subordinating personal objectives to the objectives of the company or team.
- Strategic orientation – The successful candidate will have a strategic and broad approach and will have proven his/her ability to establish strategy and to translate it into an effective, long-term action plan. He/she will have a track record of anticipating potential problems through effective analysis and proactively seeking solutions.
- Developing Organizational Talent – Developing members’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future positions and needs.
- Organizational Awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers. Being able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Communications – Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to motivate and inspire both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
- Integrity – Nothing less than 100 percent ethical conduct can be acceptable.
- Results Orientation: Drive to achieve results and goals in the short and long term.
- Sense of Urgency: Ability to push high priority projects through in a fast-paced environment.
- High Intellect: Conceptual, strategic; ability to probe into specifics when necessary.Analytical and fact-based, but able to draw on intuition, knowledge and experience. Ability to prioritize the most relevant from all other issues.Creative and independent thinker. Open minded.
- Adaptive to change: Ability to adapt to work effectively in an environment of change, uncertainty, and ambiguity.Must be able to make pragmatic decisions in a timely fashion.
- High Energy-setting the example by the highest work ethic and passion to excel.
- Technology Awareness – Maintaining an open mind to the possibilities created by new technology advancements. Accepting responsibility for staying abreast of technology waves and resultant business implications.
- Domestic and international travel required – typically 25% – 40%
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer, and only those candidates who arequalified will be contacted.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here .
- Job ID: 55751607
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Position Title: Director Global Talent Management
- Company Name: Danaher
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time