The position of Chief People Officer (“CPO”) at TaraVista Behavioral Health represents an outstanding opportunity to serve as key member of the senior leadership team and impact the future of this vital organization.
The CPO will be a strategic and transformational leader for TaraVista Behavioral Health. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will:
- Be the leader supporting and leading the creation, sustenance and growth of an organizational culture which supports team member engagement, accountability and ownership, resulting in a high performing organization.
- Establish and promote a vision and strategy that will attract, develop, and support a diverse workforce who will advance the mission, with an inclusive and welcoming culture.
- Be the steward and representative of TaraVista’s employment brand, establishing the organization as a top place to work.
The CPO serves as the liaison for all human resources services for the organization. They will oversee all strategic and operational aspects of the Human Resources function for the organization’s 700 employees, including talent acquisition, compensation, training and development, employee relations, and performance management. The CPO will provide direction and leadership to the HR team, which presently includes the Director of HR, the Assistant Director of Employment, and two senior HR consultants as direct reports.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources management or a related field. Master’s degree is preferred but not required. CHRP certification is a plus but not required.
- A minimum of seven or more years of progressive human resources leadership experience gained within a complex organization known for an effective employee engagement culture. Demonstrated management capability with broad and deep knowledge of HR functions, policies, and processes, including HRIS applications and analytics.
- Multi-site leadership experience is a plus. Healthcare industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Proven track record of leading change initiatives in a dynamic, growing, fast-paced organization.
TaraVista Behavioral Health is a dynamic, innovative, and growing behavioral healthcare company. The company’s purpose is to provide compassionate, healing, inspiring care for those suffering from emotional distress and substance misuse so they are empowered to lead fulfilling lives. TaraVista was developed with a vision to provide a different type of care – truly patient-centered, with a physical environment, teams, and systems designed to provide the best patient and family experience possible during times of crisis.
TaraVista Behavioral Health is a privately held company, which at present includes two entities, each vital to meeting the chronic and increasingly critical need for inpatient behavioral health services in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts TaraVista Behavioral Health Center, newly opened in 2016, is a state of the art 116-bed inpatient hospital providing mental health and addiction services for children, adolescents and adults, located in Devens, MA. Effective spring 2021, TaraVista also includes MiraVista, a behavioral health services provider in Holyoke, MA. MiraVista opened and staffed its 36 adult inpatient beds in early May 2021. Subject to continued hiring and the state regulatory approval process, MiraVista plans to open a 12-bed pediatric unit in summer 2021, followed by additional inpatient beds to full capacity by autumn.
While primary system offices are located at TaraVists in Devens, the new Chief People Officer will have a high degree of visibility and presence with team members at both TaraVista as well. These two entities are located approximately 1 ½ hours apart – TaraVista in central Massachusetts north of Worcester, MiraVista, in western MA north of Springfield – connected by major highway, or alternatively, scenic back roads. The region ranging from the 495 corridor around Boston and west to Springfield offers a wide variety of communities ranging from urban/suburban to quaint rural towns. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is economically robust, beautifully scenic and is consistently top tier in the nation on many quality of life measures including education and health.
For more information, please visit: https://www.devenscommunity.com/
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
About AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search
AMN Leadership Solutions, Executive and Physician Leadership Search, is a retained executive search firm serving the healthcare and life sciences industries. Ranked as one of the top healthcare recruiting firms in the country, AMN Leadership Solutions, is known for leading healthcare into the future by its growing base of clients across the country, drawing on a national pool of candidate.
- Job ID: 57753261
Devens, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Title: Chief People Officer
- Company Name: AMN Leadership Solutions on behalf of Renown Health
- Job Function: Organizational Development