DescriptionEqual Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under supervision, utilizes intermediate knowledge of business practices in order to anticipate necessary changes in software applications and systems. Recommends and develops strategies for implementing appropriate internal changes or responding to external changes. Verifies changes are assessed, approved, implemented and reviewed in a controlled manner. Works with team members to meet Change Management objectives within set timeframes.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Identifies when changes in software applications and systems should be initiated based on current business processes.
- Assesses the impact, cost, benefit and risk of proposed changes. Reports findings to management.
- Attend and assist the CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings.
- Executes change implementation in accordance with management. Provides monitoring and reporting on the implementation process to minimize disruptions of normal business operations.
- Assumes responsibility for reviewing, analyzing, and closing of change requests.
- Assists team in the execution of medium to large change management projects.
- Works with team to successfully manage change processes and initiatives for a broad array of hardware, software, and communications equipment (or any other applications, technologies, and/or databases).
- Provides documentation and procedures associated with the running, support and maintenance of live systems.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- None required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS or similar area of study., or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma and GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years of previous experience required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Intermediate knowledge and skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Knowledge of change management methodologies and operational procedures.
- Knowledge of change management practices regarding software development and infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk identification and mitigation.
- Knowledge and utilization of customer service skills and organizational skills to support customers, technical and non-technical personnel, outside vendors, and management.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, specifically the ability to identify or uncover potential risks and issues.
- Ability to analyze, design, measure, control and improve the processes in the organization.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues and problems effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based setting.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to effectively meet set deadlines.
- Present, communicate, and articulate to customers, technical and non-technical personnel, outside vendors, and management.
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
May require intermediate skills in one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of process design, re-engineering, organizational transformation,
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. [Note: The following is defaulted for office setting position.]
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.