If you could change the world of work, what would you do?
You are authentic. You are curious. You strive to make a difference with and for the people around you. You see opportunity and momentum to help organizations emerge stronger from these disruptive times. You’re not only curious about what the future of work holds for us – you want to shape it. You are eager to grow and help others grow. You like to be a leader of your own destiny and to build others up to lead their own.
Does this sound like you? Veldhoen + Company is looking for you to help grow our North America business.
Veldhoen + Company, a boutique global consultancy firm, seeks a highly motivated, charismatic, and curious Business Development Lead / Senior Workstyle Consultant with 8+ years experience. This dual role is a chance to build a growing business in a dynamic market, influence the field of the future of work, and lead clients on transformational journeys to realize their greater potential.
As BD Lead for North America, you will be responsible for developing and leading the team’s business development strategy and capacity that will enable the growth and impact we seek in the market. You’ll serve as an integrator of information between prospective clients, current clients, and our consultant team to ensure that we are not only responding to market opportunities but continuing to lead the way.
At Veldhoen + Company, all business development people are consultants too. You will complement your BD role as a Senior Consultant, participating in client projects to deepen your learning and understanding of our products and services.
Come and join our growing team and help us realize our purpose of creating a better world of work!
As a leader on a small but growing team, you will wear many hats. Your primary responsibilities will fall under three:
Your first hat: Design & Implement BD Strategy
- Partner closely with the North America Managing Partner to develop, implement, and measure success toward our business growth strategy
- Build an understanding of and consistently monitor the market to determine the demand for products and services offered by V+C and our competitors
- Liaise and coordinate with Global Marketing Manager to align our regional marketing strategy with global priorities
- Represent our brand in the marketplace, including meeting with prospects, participating in webinars, and authoring articles and blogs. Embody our values in how you discuss what we do and what is going on in the market
- Lead the business development cycle for new leads, including drafting proposals for new work and developing pricing strategies that ensure value for all stakeholders
Your second hat: Build Team BD Capacity
- Collaborate closely with our product development leads to inform how our products and services are positioned in the market
- Use sales forecasting and scenario planning tools to manage pipeline and communicate status to Managing Partner and U.S. team on an ongoing basis
- Mentor project leaders on the business development cycle and coach them in consultative sales skills (a team learning objective for 2021)
Your third hat: Consulting
To fully support the BD responsibilities outlined above, you will not lead full projects. Rather, you will play both leading and supporting roles at key opportunities in the project cycle, as determined with the team. These are likely to include:
- Support project leads with scoping conversations and ongoing client relationship management
- Co-deliver vision sessions to leadership teams
- Facilitate working sessions with user representatives and change champions
- Contribute to (draft and/or review) major project deliverables
- Advise on continuous improvements to our project processes and deliverables
What You Will Get
- You will be part of an internationally growing boutique consultancy firm, with the opportunity to work with and learn from our international colleagues
- Next to market competitive remuneration and competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid time off package, including parental leave
- Great flexibility and autonomy—work is what you do, not the place you go. That means we manage by outcomes not by face time.
- A commitment to and budget for your personal and professional development
- Base salary range: $125 – 160k depending on level of relevant experience
- Package includes 10% year-end team performance bonus, 2.5-5% sales bonus, 401k match up to 5% of base salary
How to Apply
– Apply today to meet the team and explore whether this role sounds like it was made for you
– Please send your resume and cover letter to Marina Imhoff at email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
– In the cover letter include your response to the question: “What does meaningful growth mean to you?”
– For questions, please contact Marina Imhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About Veldhoen + Company
Veldhoen + Company is the leading global workplace consulting firm specializing in integrated Workplace Transformation. Our leadership in this space is based on being founders of the philosophy of Activity Based Working (ABW), followed by more than 30 years of experience partnering with organizations to define, implement, and refine their unique ways of working.
Our mission is to create a better world of work where people are free and inspired to contribute their passion and talent every single day. We believe changing the way of working will become the biggest positive impact leaders make on the world. We are changing the world by transforming the world of work. We live and work with purpose, knowing that our contributions are social contributions and that we are making a positive impact on people’s lives.
Veldhoen + Company is young and growing in North America. Our New York-based team was established in 2017, and currently consists of seven people. In this time, we have partnered with large and small organizations in North America, representing Finance, Pharmaceutical, and Health Care. We aim for meaningful and sustainable growth, anticipating doubling in size in the next three years. We seek passionate individuals to deliver high impact to clients and contribute their talent to grow our team.
We are not currently offering sponsorship for work authorization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We welcome our employees to show up as their full selves every day. Veldhoen + Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
What you Will Bring / Qualifications:
- 8+ years professional experience that include an external-facing role with an affinity for the future of work
- Ability to work (1) dynamically, (2) independently as a self-starter and (3) cross-functionally with consultants and worldwide team members
- Strong experience in facilitating inspiring and fact-finding workshops with different audiences (senior leaders, user groups as well as technical experts) both large and small
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to listen well, distill complex information into a clear and concise format, contribute to creative business discussions, and influence the thinking of senior leaders
- Exceptional complex problem-solving skills: Ability to take broad, ambiguous, and/or complex challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance
- Strong relationship skills: Ability to establish, nurture, and maintain internal and external working relationships, serving as a trusted advisor
- Knowledge of networking, business development, marketing of products and services, change management, organizational design and development
- Proximity to New York City (we are based in NYC and currently focused on the U.S. Northeast and Canada, although we are currently working virtually from distributed locations)
- Ability and willingness to travel in the future in response to client demand post-COVID
(preferred but not required):
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Activity-Based Working, workplace strategy, corporate real estate, and/or organizational change and development
- Experience with business development and/or marketing for professional services
- Advanced degree
- Charismatic: you form relationships with people at all levels in your own authentic way
- A learner with a growth mindset who embraces ambiguity: you face obstacles with curiosity and turn challenges into opportunities
- An organized self-starter who is driven to succeed: you are energized by establishing, maintaining, and investing effort to reach challenging achievement goals
- Job ID: 55807016
New York, United States
- Position Title: Business Development Lead / Senior Consultant
- Company Name: Veldhoen + Company
- Industry: Consulting
- Job Function: Consulting
- Setting: Corporate
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 7-10 Years
- Required Travel: 10-25%
- Salary: $125,000.00 – $160,000.00 (Yearly Salary)